denon audyssey question

N

nosferatu

Audioholic
when i set up the denon audyssey and listen to the music tru it i need to crank it up in order to hear anything. When playing HT or music without denon audyssey normal level is about -40 and with denon audyssey on i need to rank up till about -25 to match is when playing at -40

is that normal or am i missing something ...

thank you

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
when i set up the denon audyssey and listen to the music tru it i need to crank it up in order to hear anything. When playing HT or music without denon audyssey normal level is about -40 and with denon audyssey on i need to rank up till about -25 to match is when playing at -40
is that normal or am i missing something ...
thank you
It sounds like it might be normal. Firstly, it is difficult to gage when program material is at the same levels. Second, perhaps the built in EQ had to attenuate a lot for proper sound according to the Audyssey program.

sleepysurf

sleepysurf

Junior Audioholic
I have a Denon 3808CI, and it allows custom gain adjustment for each input (analog or digital). That allows you to tweak all your inputs to the relative same volume. It's kinda hard to find the settings in the OSD menu cascade. Depending on which Denon you have, check your manual to find out how to do it. I'm sure all their receivers have that option.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis