Denon 6300h 11 channel

L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
Looking to see anybody's opinion on the 6300h 11 channels.
Anybody have one? What's the experience with it? Any troubles that anybody has heard of? Just can't decide between the 4300 and the 6300 really digging the 11 channels though Thanks in advance

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The 4300 is also an 11ch processor....you just need to add an external amp....

L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
I just want one receiver that's all. No external lamps. keeping it simple

L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
LOL.
I've had a 5-channel Harman Kardon receiver for about 7 years or so now and it is still going strong an awesome receiver but I'm ready to update. I bought 5 Paradigm speakers a while back and recently bought a 4K TV therefore I need some HDMI. So if I buy a new receiver I won't be messing with this for another hopefully 6 years. If I'm going to update I'm going to update it right. LOL

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
LOL.
I've had a 5-channel Harman Kardon receiver for about 7 years or so now and it is still going strong an awesome receiver but I'm ready to update. I bought 5 Paradigm speakers a while back and recently bought a 4K TV therefore I need some HDMI. So if I buy a new receiver I won't be messing with this for another hopefully 6 years. If I'm going to update I'm going to update it right. LOL
I am not too worry about 7 channel amps in one box but 11 seems a little too much for comfort. I would go with the 4300 and add a 5 channel external amp, that is if you must have 11 channels, otherwise you could add a 2 or 3 channel external amp.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm with Peng. There is a reason manufactures of amps only don't put more than 7chs in one case. Even with class D variants you don't see 11ch amps. You will find a couple, but separates seem to be the smart way to go. (Including amp / avr combos)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm with Peng. There is a reason manufactures of amps only don't put more than 7chs in one case. Even with class D variants you don't see 11ch amps. You will find a couple, but separates seem to be the smart way to go. (Including amp / avr combos)
7 to 11 sounds like the new 2 to 5;)

Bala

Bala

Enthusiast
I own Denon AVR 6300h. It is almost 2 months since I bought it. I had owned a pioneer vsx 921k earlier and I was quite happy with it. However Denon is at a different league compared to pioneer. Obviously Pioneer was an entry level (250 USD), however Denon one (1500 USD) is above the mid range. So it was expected to perform better. No doubt the Denon sound is warmer and clearer.

I bought a pair of KEF q900 and the combo is a killer combination. There is a lot of power too at 140 wpc. I had started with 3300 and then moved to 4300 and finally settled for 6300 for the extra wpc. However I am not still sure whether it justifies the high price tag. I have started to think I should have stuck to 3300 and may be added a power amp later. I am anyway not using the Zone2, Zone 3 and HEOS features yet and those were not the reason for me to go for 6300.

I use 2.1/2.0 for songs and 7.1 for movies. My subwoofer is very basic ( Polk Audio 10 inch) and I am not too happy with the sub woofer and an upgrade is planned. My plan is for a 7.2 setup.

I am sure there are experts in the forum who can suggest whether 3300 with a 2/5 channel power amp is a better option than going for 6300.

L

Lilmo6868

Junior Audioholic
I made this post a little over 6 months ago. Shortly after I made it a bit the bullet and bought the 6300. And I have absolutely no regrets about buying this receiver. I wanted one receiver that would take care of all my needs and this thing does it with perfection.... I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on the power consumption of the tops, middles and rear speaker's power consumption.
If you want a simple 11.2 configuration this receiver is by far the simplest and best way to do it.... after i got the 2 hsu 12s dialed in everything really just came to life.. I highly recommend this receiver.
To be on the safe side and basically just to try and take care of what I bought and to make it last a lot longer, I did take the advice of a few and I bought one of those cooling fan assemblies to sit on top of it.. if you're watching a movie and Crank It Up pretty good I do notice that the fans will come on for about a minute at a time and go right back off. Naturally well that's just common sense that 11 amps in one box are going to create Heat that's a no-brainer all you can do is protect it because heat is the killer of All Electronics

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I own Denon AVR 6300h. It is almost 2 months since I bought it. I had owned a pioneer vsx 921k earlier and I was quite happy with it. However Denon is at a different league compared to pioneer. Obviously Pioneer was an entry level (250 USD), however Denon one (1500 USD) is above the mid range. So it was expected to perform better. No doubt the Denon sound is warmer and clearer.

I bought a pair of KEF q900 and the combo is a killer combination. There is a lot of power too at 140 wpc. I had started with 3300 and then moved to 4300 and finally settled for 6300 for the extra wpc. However I am not still sure whether it justifies the high price tag. I have started to think I should have stuck to 3300 and may be added a power amp later. I am anyway not using the Zone2, Zone 3 and HEOS features yet and those were not the reason for me to go for 6300.

I use 2.1/2.0 for songs and 7.1 for movies. My subwoofer is very basic ( Polk Audio 10 inch) and I am not too happy with the sub woofer and an upgrade is planned. My plan is for a 7.2 setup.

I am sure there are experts in the forum who can suggest whether 3300 with a 2/5 channel power amp is a better option than going for 6300.
While I'd take issue with describing a difference in avrs as warmer/colder kind of thing, that would depend on how you set it up to a great extent. The 3300 has just a bit less power in the bigger picture, considering it takes a doubling of power to gain 3dB spl....turn the volume knob and increase the volume by 3dB to get an idea what that difference is. The difference in power between the 3300 and 6300 is on the order of 1.2dB; the overall advantage would be in power supply, believe the 6300 has a slightly larger one. If you need an external power amp you'd likely need with either avr....and if you do get an external one, don't go for a slightly more powerful amp, do it at least 2x (like a 300wpc amp); the external power amp may also be better for very low impedance loads more than the avr.

Bala

Bala

Enthusiast
I made this post a little over 6 months ago. Shortly after I made it a bit the bullet and bought the 6300. And I have absolutely no regrets about buying this receiver. I wanted one receiver that would take care of all my needs and this thing does it with perfection.... I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on the power consumption of the tops, middles and rear speaker's power consumption.
If you want a simple 11.2 configuration this receiver is by far the simplest and best way to do it.... after i got the 2 hsu 12s dialed in everything really just came to life.. I highly recommend this receiver.
To be on the safe side and basically just to try and take care of what I bought and to make it last a lot longer, I did take the advice of a few and I bought one of those cooling fan assemblies to sit on top of it.. if you're watching a movie and Crank It Up pretty good I do notice that the fans will come on for about a minute at a time and go right back off. Naturally well that's just common sense that 11 amps in one box are going to create Heat that's a no-brainer all you can do is protect it because heat is the killer of All Electronics
Great to know that. What is your current set up? What speakers? Do you use it for movies mainly or music also? How do you watch movies? And what is the source of music?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis