Denon 5803 and a transformer?

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
I've just received orders (Air Force) to England and I am concerned about taking my HT equipment...specifically my receiver. Has anyone had any experience with 110V/60Hz components used in the UK? Are there any certifications or brands I should look for when purchasing a transformer? What are the chances of damaging my components? I have considered selling everything and starting over when I return in 4 years. I am aware of the PAL1/NTSC dilemma. Any advice from the gurus is always appreciated. Thanks

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Rutlanda said:
I've just received orders (Air Force) to England and I am concerned about taking my HT equipment...specifically my receiver. Has anyone had any experience with 110V/60Hz components used in the UK? Are there any certifications or brands I should look for when purchasing a transformer? What are the chances of damaging my components? I have considered selling everything and starting over when I return in 4 years. I am aware of the PAL1/NTSC dilemma. Any advice from the gurus is always appreciated. Thanks
You shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you buy a transformer that is big enough. I'd recomend a 2.4 KV unit. I took all of my stuff over there a few years back and had no problems. I would recomend getting an UPS that has the same capacity. As far as the PAL/NTSC, there are a few VCR's that will convert the signal for you. Have fun on the other side of the pond.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis