denon 4308ci w/ emotiva xpa-5

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That's all you need as the Emo has RCA inputs as well as XLR. If you are wanting all balanced signals you could use an ART CleanBox DTI but there is no need to do that.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
BTW, what are you powering? That Denon has a good bit of power all by itself.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sensitivity is 90 at 8 ohms, the Denon would power them just fine but as an Audioholic, you have to use outboard amps.....

C

chili1234

Enthusiast
I'm getting very addicted to this hobby and i can't seem to ever have enough....LOL

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
If you’re using external power, why spend that much on the 4308? Why not get the 3808 or 2809?

There doesn't seem to be a huge difference from the 4308 to the 3808 to me other than networking and a few other small details. Especially not enough to justify an extra $1k if you're not using the on-board power. :confused:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I agree but assumed he already had the AVR.
If you’re using external power, why spend that much on the 4308? Why not get the 3808 or 2809?

There doesn't seem to be a huge difference from the 4308 to the 3808 to me other than networking and a few other small details. Especially not enough to justify an extra $1k if you're not using the on-board power. :confused:

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I agree but assumed he already had the AVR.
Sorry, then. I thought he was talkikng about buying both. :/

FWIW, my plans are similar. I had wanted to get an external amp now, but will be waiting a while. I think the 3xxx or 2xxx should meet most anyone's needs, minus the power hungry who are rich right now! ;)

lol

C

chili1234

Enthusiast

I have had the receiver for about a year now. I bought it from a friend for $1200. He only used it for a couple of months and wanted to pre/pro system. As they say another mans trash is someone else's treasure. :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I will give you 1200 bucks for it right now....:D
I have had the receiver for about a year now. I bought it from a friend for $1200. He only used it for a couple of months and wanted to pre/pro system. As they say another mans trash is someone else's treasure. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

You have wrong profile pic for that statement.:p More Power! I love having that series on DVD.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis