Denon 4306 and Marantz SR8500

N

nosaj

Enthusiast
Is there really a comparison? Brothers under one company flag, but what do you really think? I can't find a review for either of these. Denon is the most reviewed AV receiver of the two brand names and fairs the best overall in those reviews. Another thing...is THX really that important? I have owned a Denon AV receiver for over 10 years now and it is in mint condition and performs like it is new. However I do recall the 70's and products like Marantz were considered top quality. So again what are we to think? Please let me know your opinions. Thanks

J

jacobms1

Enthusiast
Marantz is a great brand, but that receiver cannot compare to the new denon 4306 in terms of features or price. The Denon seems to be street priced anywhere between $1500 (non authorized dealer) to around $1800 from an authorized one. I am just waiting through the weekend to make sure Denon doesn't have anything else amazing up their sleeve and then I am going to make the tough decision between the 4306 and the 4806! Good luck on your decision.

D

DaveOCP

Audioholic
The Marantz has a different sound compared to the Denon, its closer to Pioneer Elite. If you want the capabilities of the 4306 with a sound more like the SR8500, consider the Elite 74TXVi. You can get one for a little over $1000.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
DaveOCP said:
The Marantz has a different sound compared to the Denon, its closer to Pioneer Elite. If you want the capabilities of the 4306 with a sound more like the SR8500, consider the Elite 74TXVi. You can get one for a little over $1000.
But not everyone has the ability to hear such difference, especially between receivers with comparable specifications and price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis