Denon 3910 firmware update!!!!!

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
( I just have two questions for the owners of 3910 players):

Has anyone downloaded the firmware update from denon and installed it? my player was released june 2004 and has a current update available.

Why did the retail price go up from $1300.00 to $1500.00 a while back? Did they improve the player some way?

R

RMK!

Aliixer said:
( I just have two questions for the owners of 3910 players):

Has anyone downloaded the firmware update from denon and installed it? my player was released june 2004 and has a current update available.

Why did the retail price go up from $1300.00 to $1500.00 a while back? Did they improve the player some way?
Aliixer,

I have the three CD upgrade ver ESS-6609-B. I did not install it because I found the DL3 (Euro Ver upgrade that has not been released in the US) on the AVS Forum site (3910 Owners Thread). Now if you don't have a Denon Receiver (3805 or 5805) then you may not care about the this newest version with DL3 and the the version 6609-B available from the Denon site will work fine (especially if you like Raging Bull or River Dance...read release notes).

Regarding the price increase, it was likely due to the the exellent review Audioholics gave the 3910 ;)

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Unfortunately, the price increase was due to the crappy performance of the US dollar against the Canadian dollar...Paradigm (another Canuck co) also raised prices on many of their products (thanks George, you jackass). As far as upgrades go, you can't go wrong...each upgrade includes updates from previous upgrades. If you need multi-region capability, simply install whatever MR update is available after installing the Denon update. As far as DL3, it kicks butt and takes names...but it's a waste unless you have a DL3 AVR.

Jason

H

happy540i

Junior Audioholic
I did not download it but I requested that it be mailed to me but up to now I still don't have it. According to Denon it doesn't come with the Denon link upgrade yet for the SACD

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis