E

eduardocastillo

Audiophyte
Does anyone can help me decide?

The price difference is only 100 bucks, is there any mayor upgrade or is only the include mic?

it is possible to get a b stock 3805 on ebay for 800 shipped, with mic included

It is really worthed to buy the 3806??

Thanks

A

alex1971

Audiophyte
eduardocastillo said:

The price difference is only 100 bucks, is there any mayor upgrade or is only the include mic?

Thanks
Mic is included to 3805 and 3806 !

3806 is much better because OF HDMI 1.1 (incl DVD-Audio) Bi-Amping !!
Much better Video Section !
3805 is good but now its time for 3806 !

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
eduardocastillo said:

Thanks
You won't find a 3806 for $750 anywhere. As for the 3805, you will on ebay - or do a google search. You can find them for under $800 everywhere.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DENON-AVR-3805-AVR-3805S-7-1-RECEIVER-SILVER_W0QQitemZ5809231307QQcategoryZ39793QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BUT... If you can find a 3806 for $1199 or less, I could see making the investment. The new remote and HDMI could be worth the difference.
http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/623.asp

Last edited:
D

dponeill

Junior Audioholic
If you think you will have a need for HDMI switching in the future, that alone would be worth the difference. You would have to pay $200-$250 for a seperate HDMI switcher and it would still only handle video.

L

Lincoln

Audioholic
If the 3806 really has the Audessy MultEq (the website has conflicting info on this model, description says it does have it, detailed specs sez it doesn't???) then it's worth the extra money just for that feature.

T

ToolZero

Audioholic Intern
I just went through this agonizing decision myself a couple weeks ago.

Crutchfield has the 3806 on pre-order for $1300.
Crutchfield Denon AVR-3806

ibuyplasma.com has the 3805 for $755.
http://www.ibuyplasma.com/product/?05084

At that price difference The choice became easy for me. I went with the 3805.

HDMI and DVI are cool, but all my research has shown that good component cables will produce a picture equal to the digital inputs. Down the road as resolutions increase and as the digital interfaces are improved, digital video will be necessary, but by that time it will be time for a whole new receiver for most of us..

A downside is the 3805 does NOT come with the mic, so you will need to spend $50-$70 for that separately. The 3806 comes with the mic.

The 3805 remote is really cool, though I wish it would stay illuminated longer before it auto-turns off the back-light to save power. Maybe there is a setting to change that.

I hope my info is helpful. I'm really new at this so please forgive me if I overlooked something important.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
ToolZero said:
The 3805 remote is really cool, though I wish it would stay illuminated longer before it auto-turns off the back-light to save power. Maybe there is a setting to change that.
There is a setting. Press the power ON and OFF buttom at the same time. Press the "5" button to select Light setup. Press 1 for 5 second illumination; 2 for 10 seconds; 3 for 15 seconds; and 4 for 20 seconds.

You can also set the brightness of the remote. Hold the "Enter" button and press CH+ to brighten; press CH- to dim.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis