Denon 3312 vs Denon 3313

B

Belaflek73

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

I can't seem to figure out what the difference is between the Denon AVR-3312CI and the Denon AVR-3313CI. Can anyone fill me in on this? Online functionality is very important to me, most of my music is on itunes or as mp3's on my computer.

Also there's this website called accessories4less.com. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about that site? They are offering a 1 year warranty for refurbished units. What do you guys think?

Thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hi,

I can't seem to figure out what the difference is between the Denon AVR-3312CI and the Denon AVR-3313CI. Can anyone fill me in on this? Online functionality is very important to me, most of my music is on itunes or as mp3's on my computer.

Also there's this website called accessories4less.com. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about that site? They are offering a 1 year warranty for refurbished units. What do you guys think?

Thanks
It seems A4L is the real deal. But their AVRs are refurbished. To some, that's just fine. It depends on your comfort level with refurbished AVRs.

Last week Amazon was selling the 3312 for $500. According to Amazon support, these are all considered "open box", not refurbished. According to Denon support all the 3312 open box from Amazon get the Denon 3 yr full warranty.

This week, the open box 3312s are $700, while the new 3312s are $800 each.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As far as AirPlay & Denon 3312: it works beautifully and extremely simple.

I tap on the Music Icon on my iPad. I then tap the upper right corner pull-down on the iPad. I select the Denon 3312 (which automatically appears on the iPad). I tap play. The music plays on my Denon 3312 through my speakers. I control the volume on the iPad and songs on the iPad. Absolutely simple and amazing.

B

Belaflek73

Audioholic Intern
That's awesome and just what I was looking for. Can I ask did you buy your denon new, open box, or refurbished?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's awesome and just what I was looking for. Can I ask did you buy your denon new, open box, or refurbished?
I bought my Denon 3312 open box from Amazon Warehouse for around $600.

Unlike many people, I've had really bad luck with refurbished AVRs. Thus, I will never buy another refurbished AVR again. I will buy either brand new or open box only.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Did I also mention I use the Denon remote app to control my Dennis 3312?

So I use the iPad to turn on the Denon 3312, then play music from the iPad to the 3312 via AirPlay. Very cool. :cool:

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Some thing the 3312 has over 3313 is the ability to send digital signals to the second zone. The 3313 dropped this useful feature when they added the hdmi to zone 2.
So if your looking to stream music to your zone 2 the 3312 may be your huckleberry.
Cheers, Mac

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I bought my Denon 3312 open box from Amazon Warehouse for around $600.

Unlike many people, I've had really bad luck with refurbished AVRs. Thus, I will never buy another refurbished AVR again. I will buy either brand new or open box only.
I find your comments about refurbished interesting. Particularly the part about you calling Denon. I get the impression that some of these units listed as "refurbished" are NOT factory refurbished. My experience is true factory (or OEM) refurbished items come with the same warranty as new. Plus, in many cases they actually are tested better than new. I've often bought refurbished with little issue.

I've been eying both these AVR's too. Is 4K something to even think about at this point?

Thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I find your comments about refurbished interesting. Particularly the part about you calling Denon. I get the impression that some of these units listed as "refurbished" are NOT factory refurbished. My experience is true factory (or OEM) refurbished items come with the same warranty as new. Plus, in many cases they actually are tested better than new. I've often bought refurbished with little issue.

I've been eying both these AVR's too. Is 4K something to even think about at this point?

Thanks.
According to Denon, Denon Refurbished AVRs do not get full factory warranty; they only get 1 yr warranty. The new and open box 3312/ 3313 gets 3 yr warranty.

I couldn't care less about 4K, but I won't complain. :D

I had a refurbished Denon AVR that I had to send back to the NJ factory to repair under warranty. When I got it back from Denon, I plugged it in and turned it on. Few minutes later, there was smoke coming out of the AVR.

Yeah, I my experience, Denon OEM factory refurbished from NJ is NOT like new!

T

The Italian

Audiophyte
Does the 3312 not have 4k pass through or up scaling capability?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Another thing to consider is service. I bought my 3313 from a4l last sept and recently realized my sbl channel was sketchy. 46.00 later in FedEx shipping, and its at the denon repair facility in New Jersey. If I had bought a 3312 from my local dealer for the same $ as the 13, I would just drop it off with them and let them fix it in house.
When you buy on line and have a problem, it's usually your dime that gets the unit to the lowest bidder to repair it.
Cheers, Mac

Last edited:
surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Here's the warranty link:
Warranty
According to Denon, Denon Refurbished AVRs do not get full factory warranty; they only get 1 yr warranty. The new and open box 3312/ 3313 gets 3 yr warranty.

I couldn't care less about 4K, but I won't complain. :D

I had a refurbished Denon AVR that I had to send back to the NJ factory to repair under warranty. When I got it back from Denon, I plugged it in and turned it on. Few minutes later, there was smoke coming out of the AVR.

Yeah, I my experience, Denon OEM factory refurbished from NJ is NOT like new!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Another thing to consider is service. I bought my 3313 from a4l last sept and recently realized my sbl channel was sketchy. 46.00 later in FedEx shipping, and its at the denon repair facility in New Jersey. If I had bought a 3312 from my local dealer for the same $ as the 13, I would just drop it off with them and let them fix it in house.
When you buy on line and have a problem, it's usually your dime that gets the unit to the lowest bidder to repair it.
Cheers, Mac
AVR are such complex animals.

At the rate of bankruptcies these days, you better purchase from a big time dealer like Best Buy or Sam's Club. Even places like Vanns are in the red. My giant dealer Ultimate Electronics where I bought my Denon AVP-A1 and many other components went out of business about a year after I made my purchases. Nothing is for sure these days.

And I won't increase my risk by buying REFURBISHED.

So it's either find a deal like 50% off brand new online or open-box w/ full 3 yr warranty vs refurbished 1 yr warranty or brand new/ open box local and save on shipping cost assuming your dealer will still be in business when/ if your AVR needs service.

If you are willing to pay $1,000 from your local dealer, I would rather buy 2 Denon 3312 from amazon for $550 each brand new when they have their occasional 50% sale. Or when they had some AVR-3312 open box for $493 each.

dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
That's good to know about the open-box having the full 3-year. I've been eyeing the 4311CI for $1099 from A4L for several weeks, but I think I might look for an open box 3312 or 3313 instead. I like the looks of the 3313 more, so if the only difference is streaming to Zone 2 which I really don't do anyway as I don't yet have a Zone 2 and don't stream much to begin with, I might go with the more aesthetically pleasing 3313.

No 4K for me, not likely to happen this decade either. Hopefully with no format war I'll move into 4K around the turn of the decade.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's good to know about the open-box having the full 3-year. I've been eyeing the 4311CI for $1099 from A4L for several weeks, but I think I might look for an open box 3312 or 3313 instead. I like the looks of the 3313 more, so if the only difference is streaming to Zone 2 which I really don't do anyway as I don't yet have a Zone 2 and don't stream much to begin with, I might go with the more aesthetically pleasing 3313.

No 4K for me, not likely to happen this decade either. Hopefully with no format war I'll move into 4K around the turn of the decade.
A brand new 3313 from B&H Photo is ~ $780 (on phone, not online).

Amazon had the 3312 new for $550 & open box for $492 at one point. That was an awesome price.

I heard Amazon had the 4311 at close out for around $800-900 at one time? I missed that one.

L

LeoB89

Enthusiast
on the streaming portion. how is the quality?

On the 3313 spotify is integrated. Does this mean that if i have the denon hardwired to ethernet it is better quality than the 3312 with songs coming from my andriod phone?

Is it impossible to distinguish by ear? So if i download a 320 or flac song is it <=> than wireless?

Sorry for going off topic. I am looking to buy either the 3312 or 3313

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
on the streaming portion. how is the quality?

On the 3313 spotify is integrated. Does this mean that if i have the denon hardwired to ethernet it is better quality than the 3312 with songs coming from my andriod phone?

Is it impossible to distinguish by ear? So if i download a 320 or flac song is it <=> than wireless?

Sorry for going off topic. I am looking to buy either the 3312 or 3313
I think it depends on the App & device.

I stream Apple Lossless music from my iPad to my 3312. Sound perfect to me. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis