denon 2807 digital sound

M

musicholic

Enthusiast
Hi,
i own the following components;
Denon 2807 receiver, Scientific Atlanta HD cable box, Paradigm Studio 60s v3, Paradigm 590 CC, old sony dvd player, denon ipod dock, harmony 880 and Toshiba rear projection 42H83 with DVI input (no sub and sorrounds yet). I have the following questions:

1. My receiver displays "analog sound". How canI go to digital sound?
2. the ipod dock doesn't work so well - I can't see the menu on the TV screen and how can I use the Harmony 880 for the ipod?
3. What kind of sub would you recommend?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
1. You must make a digital connection from the source device to one of the digital inputs on the receiver and then 'assign' that input on the receiver. The cable box probably has a digital out and most likely it is coax (which should be color code orange but SciAtlanta boxes all seem to be black).

The receiver manual should describe how to do the assignment. You will also have to go into the cable box settings and set its digital out menu option to Dolby Digital.

2. How is the receiver connected to the TV for video? If you are using an HDMI->DVI adapter to go to the TV the receiver must be able to transcode analog video to its HDMI out because the dock only uses analog video.

You can either try the Harmony web setup to see if it already has remote codes for the Denon dock or you can learn the codes from the Denon remote.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Also, at least on my AVR-2307, you're supposed to assign the ipod dock to the input you're using. It would be under ipod assign in the menu.

I have also not seen my onscreen display. I have the analog to digital video converter set on in the menu, but I think my TV can't take analog signals over HDMI, I'm guessing.

Your cable box digital audio out may also be marked SPDIF. Plug that into your coax digital input on the receiver and assign that input to the video source in the digital audio input menu.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis