Denon-2200 image ghosting

J

joelaron

Audiophyte
Hello-

I've just completed my home theater install, as our home remodel revolved around it. After many months of reading these forums, I bought the Denon-2200 dvd player to put the chery on the cake of my system.

The player's video is going component direct to the Zektor HDS4:
http://www.zektor.com/hds4/index.htm
..and then to the monitor.

..as I wanted more comp video switching than my little Yamaha RXV2400 would allow. As a side note, the video quality of my HD-Tivo was amazing after skipping the rxv2400 on it's way to the 42" Panasonic HD plasma.

So, the problem at hand. I've noticed from day one, that dvd's have a slight 'ghost' on images such as text, or bright objects on screen. More visible with end credits. It's so subtle, but it's there. It's not a full ghosted image, it's almost as if the right-most part of the image is ghosting.

All of the cables have been swapped out, and I'm using Monster Power 3 video cables for all connections.

Next step is to try a 'Golden Sound' pad under the DVD player.

To be clear, the ghosting is coming from the player only.

any ideas? Some crazy setup I need to do w/ the player?

thanks for you help!

-Joel Aron

http://freakslikejoel.com/HomeConcept

U

Unregistered

I would bet its the calibration of the tv. Sounds like the sharpness control is turned up too high.

Not even a 'titanium pad' would fix what you describe - save your money.

J

joelaron

Audiophyte
Hmmm... If it is the sharpening, then wouldn't I see the ghosting w/ the HD-Tivo image as well? I thgouht of that too. If I pause a DVD when white credits are rolling over black, I see the ghosting. There is no ghosting when I pause movie credits from HBO-hd... or any HD station for that matter.

(don't ya love it when you're at work, and can't get to your tv till you get home)

thanks again!

-J

J

joelaron

Audiophyte
So, last night, I lowered the sharpness all the way off, and still, there was ghosting. even the on-screen display for the dvd (ie. 'eject' 'play' etc..) had ghosting.

what I did notice, is that there is no ghosting w/ the tv's onscreen menu display.

So, do I have an issue w/ a bad cable that's going to the monitor? Could it be that I have the cable needs bnc adaptors to plug into the monitor? Could the cable be too long? This is what is coming from my Zektor HDS4 to my Plasma:
Monster Video3 - 4 m. length - 13.12 ft. MV3CV-4M

Ideas?

thanks!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis