DEH-245 / How do I turn off the FIE?

U

Unregistered

DEH-245 / How do I turn off the FIE? The unit was given to me, and I put in to replace a factory cassette unit. Works great, except that the rear speakers only put out very low range. Still have stock speakers so no need for FIE. Used the "normal" speaker wires NOT the RCA pre-outs. Still speakers sound like the FIE is on. All Documents I can find say that this unit has FIE but none tell me how to turn it on/off. Pioneer does NOT have a .pdf manual for this unit online.

E

esscue

Audiophyte
from memory you hit either the AUDIO or FUNCTION buttons (cant remember which one, i think audio though) until you get to FIE... normally you hit Up to turn something on and Down to turn it off. if that doesnt work try left/right). the unit will return to normal display after a few seconds of being in the audio or function menus- or you can hit ESC to get out quicker (sometimes this is doubled up on the BAND button).

if its not there ( am 95% sure it will be) then it could be in the system menu, but im really sure its not there.

with the unit on. hold the source button to turn it off. now hold the function button for a couple of seconds... you can keep pressing function to cycle through the options.
hit the source button when finished.

regards
wayne

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis