Definitive Technology Introducing "Disappearing" Loudspeakers w/ link

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
interesting....
“are as easy to install as traditional flanged flush-mount speakers and do not require custom sheetrock/spackle skills,” a spokesman said
im curious as to what custom sheetrock and spackle skills are:confused: Do other inwalls require special skills:confused: Ive installed alot of inwalls that require no mudding what so ever, and ones that are rescessed do not require special skills, just patientce:eek: Im sure they will have the typical dt in room response of around 15hz:p

Some of these invisible speakers require re-mudding the wall to get them right. Some are even behind the walls completely. These actually look pretty cool.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Some of these invisible speakers require re-mudding the wall to get them right. Some are even behind the walls completely. These actually look pretty cool.
i agree, just making light of the "special" skills part.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
speaker mounting

That very narrow flange on the sepakers will require your hole cutout size to be perfect. A rotozip with circle jig and proper setup would do it but it would be difficult with a drywall saw.

I find the "standard" in-ceiling speakers to be very unobtrusive, especially if you paint them to match the ceiling color.

annunaki

annunaki

That very narrow flange on the sepakers will require your hole cutout size to be perfect. A rotozip with circle jig and proper setup would do it but it would be difficult with a drywall saw.

I find the "standard" in-ceiling speakers to be very unobtrusive, especially if you paint them to match the ceiling color.
The flange is stil the same size from what I got out of it. It just seems it is an oversized grille that makes the flange look very small. It is a pretty good idea actually.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis