Definitive Technology BP-8060 package deal

G

gator4200

Audiophyte
Definitive has what looks like an amazing deal going on that ends January 31st (might be extended). Buy two of their BP-8060 (999 each) and get a free 8040 center and 2 free 8040 surrounds. I have auditioned these speakers at best buy and a local home theater store and they are definitely impressive for movies. For music I thought maybe the sound stage was a little too defuse, but still far better than anything I have ever owned before. I am just finding it very hard to put together a 5.1 system for a price that is better than this. I have read dozens of reviews on the different internet direct manufacturers, and I was considering some a package from EMP that starts with E55Ti towers, but they price there is still about 1990 now. I also need to purchase a new receiver to go with this, and originally I was hoping for a total budget of 2k for this, but of course I am surpassing that as well, which is why the hot deals that audioholics has with klipsch speaker packages are attractive as well, but I have not listened to any klipsch speakers yet. I will be listening to a lot of music (often through streaming pandora and personal library) and also movies (often at lower volumes when the kids are asleep).

What do you think? Is the DT deal too good to beat?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis