Dayton Audio SUB-1500 15" 150 Watt Powered Subwoofer vs Outlaw LFM1-EX

A

alumiu90

Junior Audioholic
I found this New Dayton Audio Sub at Parts Express for $199 and was curious how this sub stands up to the Outlaw LFM1-EX or the Rythmik lv12r.

I have a space that is approximately 3,000 cubic feet.

The Dayton Audio Sub-1500 caught my eye on Slickdeals.net and I was curious.

Thanks

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's probably using a very light, low excursion driver which is tuned very high. I wouldn't expect much deep bass from that sub. I would skip it.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I found this New Dayton Audio Sub at Parts Express for $199 and was curious how this sub stands up to the Outlaw LFM1-EX or the Rythmik lv12r.
Since the SUB 1500 just came out it's impossible for anyone to know right now. If it's like the SUB 1200 I have here for review it will probably be a lot of sub for the money. You're comparing that to subwoofers costing 3x as much though, so I suspect that alone will probably answer your question.

You've been vacillating on what sub to buy for months now. It's high time to pick one and pull the trigger! :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

I have a space that is approximately 3,000 cubic feet.

The Dayton Audio Sub-1500 caught my eye on Slickdeals.net and I was curious.

Thanks
Get the Rythmik and don't look back

A

alumiu90

Junior Audioholic
Jman,

Been hoping for a sale or B stock opportunity on either the Rythmik or the Outlaw and it has not happened. May have to wait until Black Friday. Same goes for my L/C/R speakers. Want to score the Infinity's on sale at Fry's and may be able to soon as I have a couple of business trips I will be making to the Chicago area soon and will be able to visit their store. Currently my theater has no sound.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Been hoping for a sale or B stock opportunity on either the Rythmik or the Outlaw and it has not happened. May have to wait until Black Friday. Same goes for my L/C/R speakers. Want to score the Infinity's on sale at Fry's and may be able to soon as I have a couple of business trips I will be making to the Chicago area soon and will be able to visit their store. Currently my theater has no sound.
I think Outlaws Black Friday sale is pretty much a yearly event, so you can almost count on that happening. Rythmik sales are few and far between though, so that may be less of an option.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rythmik's B-stock sells out instantly. The one and only time I can think of that the LV12R was on sale for a great price was when it was introduced at $549 I believe and they typically don't do much in the way of holiday pricing.

Get the LFM-1EX when it goes on Black Friday pricing because it is usually the best price of the year on that sub.

For your L/C/R the Pioneers were just on sale which means you missed it, and when they are on sale they are typically cheaper than the Infinitys. If Frys isn't local to you, not all of their deals are available for delivery, and pretty much every time I've seen the Infinitys on sale, they were in-store only.

If you keep waiting for deals that you don't actually watch for, you will either end up never buying anything or paying more for it.

Last edited:
A

alumiu90

Junior Audioholic
J_Garcia,

I passed on the Pioneers, even have a Microcenter here in St. Louis which has them everyday at $89 each, because I have my eye on the P363's. Last Fry's sale on the P363 I did not have a reason to venture up to Chicago, but over the next month I have several opportunities to get up there if they go on sale. I will wait on the Outlaw for Black Friday and if I can pick up the P363's prior to that I will just do without a sub until it is on sale.

I may kick myself for not grabbing the Pioneers locally, but I have convinced myself that I will be happier with the Infinity's.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The last couple of sales from Frys were JBLs and Klipsch, so the Infinitys should be due sometime soon. I am sure they will work for you and they do look a lot nicer than the Pioneers IMO, but I preferred the sound of the Pioneers.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
What do you all think the LFM-1ex will go for on Black Friday? Wondering if it's worth it to drop the Klipsch rw-12d's (I'd think I could get what I paid for them pretty easily) and pick up the LFM-1ex's

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Guessing it will be similar to last year's $599 price. I am fairly certain I recall them being $549 at one point as well, but I think the standard price went up a bit.

A

alumiu90

Junior Audioholic
I know that Jim is testing a SUB-1200. Anyone have any experience with the new SUB-1500 or the SUB-1200?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis