Dark Side Of The Moon 50th Anniversary!

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I'm home now, and they boosted the price on Amazon.ca to $38.20

I tried Walmart online (to check local stock) while in Palm Springs, and they were sold out in store and on line.

Must be selling too well!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'm home now, and they boosted the price on Amazon.ca to $38.20

I tried Walmart online (to check local stock) while in Palm Springs, and they were sold out in store and on line.

Must be selling too well!
When it was released on October 13th, Amazon.ca was selling it at over $45 and I didn't order from them. I bought it at a local store and got it for $36.99 then.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It’s going up on US AMZN too. Was $20 but now is $24.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
When it was released on October 13th, Amazon.ca was selling it at over $45 and I didn't order from them. I bought it at a local store and got it for $36.99 then.
It keeps going the wrong way. On Amazon.ca it's over $40 plus delivery. I was hoping for a Black Friday Sale locally but they didn't have it in stock.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It keeps going the wrong way. On Amazon.ca it's over $40 plus delivery. I was hoping for a Black Friday Sale locally but they didn't have it in stock.
Maybe for next Black Friday, you may have better luck, who knows?

P

Phil J N.Z.

Junior Audioholic
I love Pink Floyd so much some years back I purchased a signed drum skin signed by members of the band, Dark side of the moon I have on SACD and love it.
Last month me and the wife went to Christchurch and in one shop they had the 50th Anniversary edition but at $500.00 the price was just stupid so may have to look somewhere else for it, question is the Blu ray version better than the SACD.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Listening to it right now :)
How did you find it compared to previous releases.
No question mark as I have to fix my keyboard settings with a new OS (New Ubuntu installation after booting problem) on my desktop PC)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
See my post here for all my comments What's Your Best Dolby Atmos or DTS-X Concert Blu-ray?

But I did state:

"I must say for a remix of 50 year old master tapes, it was done quite well. I only had time to check out an interesting vignette on checking your speaker connections; as it states some OEMs don't follow the industry standard and mess up the side & rear surrounds; before I played the whole Album in Atmos. (My Atmos system setup is fine, but I sort of expected that.)

The Atmos mix is noticeable and present, but subtle enough not to be over done. A balance if you will, so as not to be too gimmicky, but add to the overall experience of a true Classic Rock Album. Well worth a listen, especially if you are a Pink Floyd fan."

I expect prices will retreat now that the Holiday Season is waning. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How did you find it compared to previous releases.
No question mark as I have to fix my keyboard settings with a new OS (New Ubuntu installation after booting problem) on my desktop PC)
Commented on it earlier here. It is good; for the Amazon price, which today is $23, totally worth it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was just listening to this one again while working and then it finished and went to the main menu. Those of you who have it, if you haven't let it just sit there for a few min on the main menu, give it a try.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis