j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The way they did his movie was a little weird, but I didn't think it was a problem hearing what he was saying.

I thought it was more interesting who they chose for Bane (obviously he IS a big dude, and a good choice IMO).

My nitpick with the movie was that Catwoman wasn't used more :)

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Loved the movie, and while I love Anne I haven't quite accepted her for a serious role. I've seen her in too many child-oriented roles over the years to accept it right away. I've only seen it once, so I figure after two more times ill accept her as a serious actor..

And this is pretty funny if you haven't seen it:
BANE OUTTAKES (Auralnauts extended edition) - YouTube

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
I watched it again at -10dB it sounded a lot better. Just have to accept I can't run every movie at reference level and expect it to sound good during the peaks :rolleyes:

And when a movie already has the LFE mixed hot, running my subs +2db on top of that adds to it sounding like a mess. Tron and Master and Commander both had pretty brutal peaks as well.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Loved the movie, and while I love Anne I haven't quite accepted her for a serious role. I've seen her in too many child-oriented roles over the years to accept it right away. I've only seen it once, so I figure after two more times ill accept her as a serious actor..
She's been in a few serious roles and she's done fine in those I've seen. I don't consider DKR a "serious" role for her, but I thought she did well here too :)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Finally got to give this a once over last night...albeit at "family friendly" levels... Waiting for Friday night with the wife and kid out of town to let my theater stretch it's legs :D

Initial impressions: a good action flick, and worthy successor to "Batman Begins", but not quite as thought provoking for me as TDK. Of course, I found Heath Ledger's (RIP) Joker utterly fascinating, so it's not exactly a fair comparison in my book.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Finally watched it last night. Meh, glad I rented it. I'd never watch this movie again. Bane looked ridiculous and they never really explained what the mask did for him. Kept away the pain? How? Anne Hathaway is only mildly attractive and she fights like a girl.

I don't remember the end of TDK but why did Bruce Wayne have a limp at the beginning of the movie?

I still can't get over Batman's STUPID voice.

I liked the twist of bringing in Thalia, but the woman playing her should have been WAY hotter. Look at Thalia in the comics or Arkham City. Smokin'. But then again they cast Maggie Gyllenhall as a love interest in the last one. That chick is ugly.

I still don't get what the fuss is about these movies. I'd give the first one a B- and the last one a C but I thought the second one blew. I get that Nolan's going for a more realistic take on the superhero movie but that's not what I watch a comic book movie for. Give me The Avengers over this trilogy any day.

It bugged me how the "bat-cycle" would do that right angle turn thing by spinning it's wheels when it had guns on the sides of the front tire. So it was just rolling over those guns no problem? If Nolan's going for realism how the hell does this work?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought Avengers was more entertaining, but it was far from a better movie. I like what Nolan did with these movies, but I don't think he is going for "realistic", just something with a different flavor than the straight forward Avengers.

I agree, the casting of Thalia was wrong, but if they made her hotter, who she was might have been obvious. It was obvious to me in seconds anyway. They basically cast her because she was in Inception, and only a little bit at that, so Nolan is familiar with her.

They should have tried someone like Mia Kunitz for either Cat Woman or Thalia.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I thought Avengers was more entertaining, but it was far from a better movie. I like what Nolan did with these movies, but I don't think he is going for "realistic", just something with a different flavor than the straight forward Avengers.
Just to add my 2 cents, Nolan's Batman trilogy, especially TDK, aren't movies I'd usually think about popping in to watch on a Friday night. They're exceptionally dark for the genre, and I've got to be in the right mindset to appreciate what they offer. Of course, TDK is my favorite entirely due to the Joker; I can't think of too many villains afforded the depth of character that he received. He's far more than a garden variety psychopath; ironically perhaps, it's the fact that he requires no special explanation for his actions, unlike the League of Shadows, that makes him more believable (and consequently more terrifying) as a character as well.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just to add my 2 cents, Nolan's Batman trilogy, especially TDK, aren't movies I'd usually think about popping in to watch on a Friday night. They're exceptionally dark for the genre, and I've got to be in the right mindset to appreciate what they offer.
The comics/graphic novels were where this "dark" side of the Dark Knight started and I think Nolan is just presenting that aspect, and fairly successfully I feel. That whole gritty, conflicted, flawed main character thing - though Bale's performance of it isn't ideal IMO. They aren't perfect movies, but I feel they delivered.

Of course, TDK is my favorite entirely due to the Joker; I can't think of too many villains afforded the depth of character that he received. He's far more than a garden variety psychopath; ironically perhaps, it's the fact that he requires no special explanation for his actions, unlike the League of Shadows, that makes him more believable (and consequently more terrifying) as a character as well.
Without the Joker, TDK was nothing. That performance from Ledger was pitch perfect. Out of the series, TDK is the one I don't mind watching again just for Joker.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I enjoyed all three a great deal...and marion cotillard (or however it's spelled or whatever her name is) is very pretty :)

V

voodootomato

Audiophyte
I like it quite a bit and would give it 8.75 out of 10

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm listening to Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack on my Orion/SX1010N right now.

Every time I listen to this OST, I feel like I've run a marathon or something. :D

My heart races like crazy, I can't catch my breath, and my eyes are wide open like this :eek: .

mgeoffriau

mgeoffriau

Audioholic Intern
Just watched it for the first time. Enjoyed it. Good work from Hans Zimmer as usual. Not as good as his work in The Power of One but then not much is.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
We haven't been to a theater in years. So I'll always be behind the curve when it comes to seeing movies.
The first disk skipped one hour in. Watch the replacement disk this weekend.

Liked it very much.
I agree with those that had trouble with the dialogue though.
Can't tell you how many times we asked each other, "what did he just say?"
I'm using analog instead of hdmi. Is it possible that's making a difference?
Usually dialogue is very good.

Thought they could've showed Anne Hathaway in her cat suit a little more.
Especially when she was on the Bat Cycle. I expected a slow camera pan.
Figured maybe she was just too skinny to fill out the suit.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yep I just saw it this pass weekend and dang in DDTrueHD.:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis