D-Link DSM-520 Wireless Media Center

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
So, my long term goal over the next 12 months is to convert my home theater to HDMI.

In this process, I plan to purchase a new DVD player (Denon 3910) and a new receiver (waiting for all next gen. units to come out next year to make my choice).

Currently, I'm looking for a replacement for my home theater PC. I want something smaller and less demanding. I've been looking into the D-Link DSM-520 Wireless Media Center.

It seems to fit the bill. Video Scaling, Audio Streaming, Video Streaming, Picture Viewing.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen a review on this unit or owns it themselves. It looks like it's rather new and little actual information outside D-Link's site is available.

Thanks!

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
my folks love my mod'd xbox with media center. It's easily the best media center.

But, they don't want the hassle of it all and don't care for games. I looked at the d-link online, reviews etc and recommended they try it. This was about a month or so ago now, and they still have not ordered it. It seems very capable, and I've been told there are some sites that get into hacking it to do other things but I never seen it.

I was going to get one myself for a second tv in the house. Sick of moving the xbox around all the time. But now, I'll just get the xbox 360. It's media center seems to be very capable. I'll use the older xbox for the 2nd tv.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis