Curious about HTD Level 3 speakers

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
I'm wondering if anyone has heard both Paradigm Mini Monitors and HTD level 3 bookshelves and could compare. I have read reviews but having never personally heard HTD i'm unsure. Do not worry about prive v performance, just overall like/dislike.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I'm wondering if anyone has heard both Paradigm Mini Monitors and HTD level 3 bookshelves and could compare. I have read reviews but having never personally heard HTD i'm unsure. Do not worry about prive v performance, just overall like/dislike.
I have not listened to the current version of the Mini Monitors - and they do not draw my interest,
and they seem to have a boosted treble rise, to stand out in the showroom and high-light the HT
experience.

I have owned the older versions of the Mini Monitors - and I will take the Level Three over them.
The older Mini Monitors have boomy/mushy bass - a dark/weak midrange and a somewhat coarse
and grainy sound. The Level Three speakers are better and cleaner performers > with nice detail
and definition for their price - they are not forward or laid back - they will compete with some big
name brands.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
That is my suspicion as well. I also seem to prefer, in limited experience, ribbons over hard domes. I also like the idea of a front port for easier placement, but does front vs rear port seem to create different sound to folks?
I have not listened to the current version of the Mini Monitors - and they do not draw my interest,
and they seem to have a boosted treble rise, to stand out in the showroom and high-light the HT
experience.

I have owned the older versions of the Mini Monitors - and I will take the Level Three over them.
The older Mini Monitors have boomy/mushy bass - a dark/weak midrange and a somewhat coarse
and grainy sound. The Level Three speakers are better and cleaner performers > with nice detail
and definition for their price - they are not forward or laid back - they will compete with some big
name brands.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That is my suspicion as well. I also seem to prefer, in limited experience, ribbons over hard domes. I also like the idea of a front port for easier placement, but does front vs rear port seem to create different sound to folks?
A good designed and engineered speaker will sound good regardless of port placement. However some cheap
designed front ported speakers can be annoying - due to some sound leakage coming through the port. If you
have a sensitive ear, you can hear it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis