legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
Hi.
I have 2 TSI 400's, TSx center, 2 PSW 110's, 2 polk surrounds and 2 Onkyo rears. All running on a Sony str-dn1040. I need recommendations for the crossover on all my speakers. I have them all on small and I have the subs on 80, the fronts on 80, center on 80 or 100, and the the four surrounds on 80 i think. what should they be on?

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
awesome explanations. thx for all the feedback. here is a little more information.

ok. the model number for the surrounds are TSi 100's. The Onkyo rears I honestly do not know off hand.

I am setting the crossover for the speakers and the sub from the AVR. I have the subs at 80. I was told on another site to put them on 120. so i am a little confused on what I should put them on and why?

I initially did the audyssey set up when I first bought the AVR but I do not remember the settings it gave me. since then I have put the fronts on 80 and the levels at +8.0. center at 80 and level at +8.5. the surrounds at 80 and levels at +9.5. same for the rears. the subs are at 80 and level at +6.0. Ideas?

All the crossovers are set in the AVR.

Here is a pic of subs location.

Crossovers?

[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
You have been moving around at to at least 3 different forums for most of
your different threads - so, you are going to get different answers.

The simple answer is what sounds best to you in your rooms.

However I would start like this

Fronts 80

Center 80

Cheap surrounds 120

On the sub crossover knob, turn it all the way up.

Have Fun

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
zieg....here is a pic of the rear part of sub. i was told to have the phase switch on 0 on one sub and 180 on the other so they would not block each other out. is this true? so i should turn the low pass knob all the way up? the volume? thx.

Attachments

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
zieg....here is a pic of the rear part of sub. i was told to have the phase switch on 0 on one sub and 180 on the other so they would not block each other out. is this true? so i should turn the low pass knob all the way up? the volume? thx.
Turn the low pass knob all the way up.

As long as the the bass between the speakers and sub sound good in
your room, and closely balance - then leave the phase switches alone.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
k. check out new thread. update to jbl's n infinitys.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis