Crestron V24-C 24" HD Touch Screen Display Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Crestron released a new high-definition V-Panel touch screen this week. Its V24-C 24" HD Touch Screen Display blends full touch screen navigation with HD graphics and video. The display also has DigitalMedia 8G+ connectivity and is widescreen in orientation. The result is a single HD display that can combine touch screen, television, and PC monitors into one. When you connect the V24-C to a Crestron DGE-2 Digital Graphics Engine, it allows consumers to access digital media content, watch videos, listen to music, surf the Internet, and provide digital screen input without the use of a PC. The V24-C allows gesture swiping to control the interface and facilitates browsing music and movies as well as navigating television program guides and radio stations or Internet streaming content.

Discuss "Crestron V24-C 24" HD Touch Screen Display Preview" here. Read the article.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Other than size, it doesn't seem to do much the 12" and 15" touch-screens couldn't.

I didn't see a price in the articles I read- are they afraid to say? The price of the 12" was enough to make someone's eyes roll back into their head.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
V-24 panel is $5,200 list price.

Of course, the DGE-2 engine to drive it is not included and that'll run you (ready for this?)...

$8,000!!! :eek:

Frankly, we just did a setup with a touch monitor NEC with a graphics engine running it and it worked very well for just a few thousand dollars.

Still, at the end of the day, I'll give a vote for Crestron in many homes for pure reliability on a nice system. Combine a solid RF remote with Crestron and you get a reliable system for not a lot of cash. Especially through eBay where there is a ton of Crestron product available.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
$14,200 for a 24" TV/touch panel- now that's just good, clean fun!

As reliable as Crestron is, it's not absolutely reliable and I would never pull the trigger for that amount of money without a warranty by buying it on ebay.

I went to Crestron training in '05. Guess whose controller didn't work? (and it was provided by Crestron)-

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis