Corner Fireplace - Need help with speaker placement

S

Skidude04

Audiophyte
Hello,

First time poster here, but I've been lurking for a while. I'm currently in the process of building a new house and I'll have a great room that I want to install a decent surround system in. The biggest complication that I'm currently having is related to the location of my TV and viewing area since I have a corner fireplace. The TV location will determine how I need to set up my surround. I've considered in-wall speakers now due to concerns with placing speakers on stands or tables.

Here's a rough layout of what I'm thinking for a 7.1 layout (missing the center speaker, but will go below tv).

Room Layout Image

My biggest concern is with the fireplace and the positioning of the Fronts... If I had a 70-80" TV, there would likely be a space just big enough for an in wall speaker for the FR speaker next to the TV. The FL speaker has a lot more flexibility. Ideally I think I'd want to move the FL speaker a bit more away from the TV to give a better sound angle to seating position, but then what could I do with the FR speaker? There will be drywall above the fireplace, but I don't know what limitations I have there.

The 2 surround rear speakers would be in the ceiling (no easy way to place them otherwise). I could potentially just skip the surround back speakers and do front highs instead, or just do 5.1 if there is no benefit to ceiling speakers.

What am I missing here? Any suggestions on a potentially better layout that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis