A

Actran

Audioholic
I now have my base electronics and am ready to start on the aesthetics. The first thing I'm doing is building a custom, low profile entertainment center under the TV. I have a rack but happen to like the "base-only" type of entertainment centers.

My question is this - what are my options for keeping everything cool? I can design a system from scratch, but would like to know what type of premade cooling solutions are already out there to cool electronics cabinets if not using a rack.

Currently it will house a Denon 2312, a Denon 1508, some type of amp for my zone 2 control (not yet selected), a PS3, an NES (yes, really), and have room for more, but those alone can warm up pretty well.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I now have my base electronics and am ready to start on the aesthetics. The first thing I'm doing is building a custom, low profile entertainment center under the TV. I have a rack but happen to like the "base-only" type of entertainment centers.

My question is this - what are my options for keeping everything cool? I can design a system from scratch, but would like to know what type of premade cooling solutions are already out there to cool electronics cabinets if not using a rack.

Currently it will house a Denon 2312, a Denon 1508, some type of amp for my zone 2 control (not yet selected), a PS3, an NES (yes, really), and have room for more, but those alone can warm up pretty well.
Pre-made cooling solutions are usually more expensive than piecing something together. There are upsides to going either directions, but for simplicities sake, here is one of the cheapest and easiest solutions for a completely pre-made option.

http://www.coolerguys.com/allofourcoki.html

A

Actran

Audioholic
I'm finally finishing out the cabinet and am trying to piece together my cooling solution. I went through the coolerguys product lines you linked. I think you're definitely right about piecing my own together being cheaper.

How do itie the fans to my receiver such that they come on when it does? Is the 12 V trigger the only way? I have a denon 2312CI

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm finally finishing out the cabinet and am trying to piece together my cooling solution. I went through the coolerguys product lines you linked. I think you're definitely right about piecing my own together being cheaper.

How do itie the fans to my receiver such that they come on when it does? Is the 12 V trigger the only way? I have a denon 2312CI
You can buy a power strip that has (I think) one main outlet and then a bunch of slave outlets. Basically this means that you plug your receiver into the main outlet and then everything else into the other outlets like the fans and when you turn the receiver on and off the other outlets are automatically activated or deactivated.

You can also just buy one of the thermal sensors from cooler guys and add your own fans and power supply.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
There are several options on Amazon too. Here is a 120mm ready to install for $20 and the same listing has options for single 80, dual 80, dual 120 (for different prices) with silver and black grills.

If you click "AC Infinity" under the product name, a host of other HT cooling products come up.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Ues a lubricant befor you tug haha :D google the cooler guys they sell all kinda nice cooling gear :)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis