BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
From Brooklyn Botanical Garden about a month ago:

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Hello all, :)

I recently relocated back home to the Highlands and am taking an extended break from work for a few months. I intend on doing lots of hill walking and photography and am currently in the process of building my own Flash based (photography) website which will feature any decent photos I currently have/will take.

The following photo was taken around a week ago. It is HDR processed. Unfortunately I found out only after I had come off the hill that the camera had been set to ISO 800 which has introduced significant noise. Consequently, I'll be revisiting the hill in question to effectively retake the images I took originally. A bit frustrating but I'm not too bothered as I intended on returning anyway, but camping on the summit in order to catch the sunrise on the hill.

The main mountain is the Buachaille Etive Mor, that stands at the east end of Glen Coe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hello all, :)

I recently relocated back home to the Highlands and am taking an extended break from work for a few months. I intend on doing lots of hill walking and photography and am currently in the process of building my own Flash based (photography) website which will feature any decent photos I currently have/will take.

The following photo was taken around a week ago. It is HDR processed. Unfortunately I found out only after I had come off the hill that the camera had been set to ISO 800 which has introduced significant noise. Consequently, I'll be revisiting the hill in question to effectively retake the images I took originally. A bit frustrating but I'm not too bothered as I intended on returning anyway, but camping on the summit in order to catch the sunrise on the hill.

The main mountain is the Buachaille Etive Mor, that stands at the east end of Glen Coe.
Nice shot, reminds me of LOTR.

Why is your flickr locked? Add me.

SheepStar

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
When I click the thumbnail, it won't let me go see your page.
Ah, that's possibly because I made that particular photo 'hidden' from general viewing. I rarely add photos to my flickr account nowadays and only did so this time, as in the relatively recent past, as a means to post on Audioholics.

Do a search on flickr for "buckle_meister" and you should be able to access my other photos, the majority of which were taken with my previous, first, camera; a prosumer Fuji.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
no.2 :D

kidding

slovak model: katarina nemcova

hired for the photoshoot
I was at a dinner with some photographers, and I can't believe how cheap it is for them to hire models. Most of them are happy to do a days work on a day they are otherwise not booked, and for 200-300 bucks a day. Part of this is because in Miami there are tens of thousands of models. These aren't supermodels, but they are beautiful real models. They often do this 'under the radar' of their agencies, so that makes them significantly cheaper.

Did you hire her just for practice?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Did you hire her just for practice?
yes, a group of us hired her for practice.

since i don't like sharing the wymen ... i'm mulling setting up my own lighting system at home :D maybe invite a couple of other photogs to help assist each other with the lighting.

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Here we go folks. This one's much better, technically, than the last. Taken a few days ago when I was on the Isle of Skye :cool:, a favourite haunt of mine. Also used as a location for the film Stardust (in the trailer for it too).

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
vetrans of foriegn war memorial

These photos are from the war memorial at the state capital.

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
All,

Recently back from a trip to St.Kilda, Scotland. I had one very fine day whilst there (I arranged with the National Trust for Scotland to camp for a few days on the main island of Hirta) and this photo wasn't taken on it. :) The photo shows Boreray and Stac an Armin. The former has the highest sea cliffs (379m) and the latter is the tallest sea stac (166m) in the U.K.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
My first try doing fireworks. Looking forward to getting more tomorrow night!

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
That particular shot was:

ISO 100
f22
36sec exposure

I use bulb and a remote then open when they go up, close when they are done. Keep it open longer for more fireworks in one picture. Some people use a larger aperture, but I thought it was too bright.

Also, the ones that go up and cause a "shower" of sparks, don't expose those too long or they'll look like they are out of focus.

I'm going to try tonight for a better vantage point so I can get something else in the picture, the fireworks alone is pretty boring, but my excuse is that it was just practice. :D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
An unnamed monkey complained I haven't posted enough.

Here are some of my favorite pictures that Jill has taken. She has been practicing.

Calm during a stormy night:

Me pouring some latte art:

An empty growler:

Our puppy:

A wall of Parmigiano Reggiano:

A delicious snack:

A small celebration:

Pony sticking his tongue out:

A creepy toy store:

Snake skeleton:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com