jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Nice. What are you shooting with?

SheepSar
Canon XSi, 50mm 1.8

I am saving toward the 70-200mm 2.8 IS L lens, but it will be a while :(

Oh, and the one black and white closeup is from a 70-300mm f4 sigma zoom/macro lens that I borrowed from my dad. The macro is kind of fun, but the autofocus is non-functional, so it doesn't work for much else.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Canon XSi, 50mm 1.8

I am saving toward the 70-200mm 2.8 IS L lens, but it will be a while :(

Oh, and the one black and white closeup is from a 70-300mm f4 sigma zoom/macro lens that I borrowed from my dad. The macro is kind of fun, but the autofocus is non-functional, so it doesn't work for much else.
Ah, you need the HSM. Me too. My D5000 doesn't have an AF motor.

I would also like the Nikkor version of the 70-200 F2.8G, but it's 2 grand. I'd probably see myself with the 70-300 Nikkor, as it's VR II, and decently sharp. The 18-200 is the travel lens, but it's soft. Sooo many choices.

SheepStar

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Ah, you need the HSM. Me too. My D5000 doesn't have an AF motor.

I would also like the Nikkor version of the 70-200 F2.8G, but it's 2 grand. I'd probably see myself with the 70-300 Nikkor, as it's VR II, and decently sharp. The 18-200 is the travel lens, but it's soft. Sooo many choices.

SheepStar
Yes, lens choices are plentiful! The 50mm 1.8 was a no brainer, $80, and it takes great photos, and it's perfect for inside, and kids. But at $1700 the 70-200 is going to be a ways in the future :(

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, lens choices are plentiful! The 50mm 1.8 was a no brainer, $80, and it takes great photos, and it's perfect for inside, and kids. But at $1700 the 70-200 is going to be a ways in the future :(
I feel your pain brother. Do you read www.dpreview.com? They have great lens information, showing where they are sharpest.

For the AF 50mm F1.8, it's F6.3. F4.5 has the sharpest center though.

SheepStar

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I feel your pain brother. Do you read www.dpreview.com? They have great lens information, showing where they are sharpest.

For the AF 50mm F1.8, it's F6.3. F4.5 has the sharpest center though.

SheepStar
Yes, I do, and it is quite helpful. I am amazed at how sharp that little lens can get, if I do everything else right!

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic

took this of my friend today, I uploaded it, so I figured I might as well post it.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
How would you like to ride down the interstate in this bad boy?

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
lets see if you can find the bug! I sure didn't see it when i took this shot:)

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Dear all,

A few shots taken with my new 200mm f/2 Nikkor, which I was playing with over the weekend. What an utterly stunning lens.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

audiohonic65

Audioholic
I take a lot of photos. Not having time to look through all 7,500, I found a few random shots:

The Space Needle and the fountain in Seattle Center

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach Oregon. We go there every year.

A wood closeup.

A sunset from my back yard. I cannot figure out how to get this picture to upload fullsize. :mad:

A view from the Steel Bridge, a very high bridge not far from my house. Another photo that refuses to upload full size.

A very exciting looking picture... It's the bathroom vanity that I just helped my dad build. Beleive me, you do not want to know what that bathroom looked like before. Think 70's... :eek:
These are the BEST ones here!! All of them are good...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
My Turn!

Some recent shots I've taken.

It was windy, so I had to hold the flower.

The true north strong and free.

I had help with this flower.

Added a little vignetting.

F1.8, Check. Railing, Check. Blur, to much, to much!!

Taken at a Salmon Hatchery.

This tree was Massive.

SheepStar

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis