Considering upgrade. Help me, oh wise folk.

M

Maestro360

Audiophyte
My system consists of:

Denon AVR-5700 Receiver (~2000) <--bought this when it was the shizzle!
Infinity Overture 3 Floorstanding Speakers (~1999) <--bought these when they were the shizzle too!
Infinity Overture 1 Bookshelf Speakers (used as rears)
Infinity Overture 1CC Center
Infinity HPS500 Subwoofer

Sony KDF-70XBR950 LCD rear projection TV

Firstly, tell me HOW these speakers would compare to Axiom's top stuff, i.e. M80, V150, QS8, etc. My OVTR 3's have built in amps to power their FOUR woofers. I'm having trouble deciding whether getting the Axiom stuff would be an improvement, mainly due to SPL and impedance issues I don't understand. ALSO, would someone just TELL me if my 140x5ch (at 8ohm) receiver will deal well with the M80's 4ohm impedance, and everthing else's 6 ohm impedance.

ALSO, I want a DVD player that matches my receiver, a Denon, and that will be stunning on my big-a$$ tv, and doesn't make me go (more) broke. Help pleeeese kids.

:confused:

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
If you really want to upgrade look at your electronics and look at rotel.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Don't spend a ton on a new dvd player. Blue Ray is coming out soon.

You will notice a drop in bass if you switch from your Infinitys to Axiom without relying on a powerful sub. If you listen to 2 channel music without a sub, you may be disappointed in the switch.

Your Denon 5700 receiver is overkill for those speakers, even at 4 ohm. No need to worry.

You still have a great system even though you may consider it outdated. The newer 7.1 speaker setups over-rely on subwoofers and don't take into consideration audiophiles who still enjoy two channel stereo music.

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
The 5700 will drive 4 ohm speakers no problem.

Can't help you with the speaker choice, as I haven't heard either of the ones you mention.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis