Connectivity Question

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Is there a way I can connect a pre-pro to my Denon AVR-5803? The AVR-5803 has no pre-amp inputs. I connect video to my projector via HDMI directly from my DVR and my BD player. I connect audio to the AVR-5803 via 5.1 RCA interconnects from my BD player, and I connect audio to the AVR-5803 via optical cable from my DVR. I am very satisfied with the audio quality of the AVR-5803 and would prefer to keep it in my system, but it could use a connectivity update, if I could figure out how to do it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. I might be looking at it wrong, but I think that the "EXT. IN-1" and "EXT. IN-2" are pre-amp inputs. You're using one with your BD player now, and you'd use one of them the same way with a pre-pro.

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Hi. I might be looking at it wrong, but I think that the "EXT. IN-1" and "EXT. IN-2" are pre-amp inputs. You're using one with your BD player now, and you'd use one of them the same way with a pre-pro.
Gotta try this. Thank you.

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Following your advice to connect the proposed pre-pro to the AVR-5803 through an EXT. IN, would there be any advantage to plug sources such as the BD player into the proposed pre-pro and then connect the pre-pro to EXT. IN?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis