Connecting your Home Theater audio to a computer?

G

guitarplyrstevo

Audioholic
Is it possible to connect your home theater audio system to your computer so I can listen to music through my speakers? I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card in the computer.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Is it possible to connect your home theater audio system to your computer so I can listen to music through my speakers? I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card in the computer.
Most definitely. You either need to use 1/8"-RCA adapters on the analog outputs and connect those to the proper analog inputs on your receiver or use the digital output (probably with an adapter) and connect it to a digital input on your receiver.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Also, depending on the make and model of your receiver, you may already be able to connect a computer to your home theater system merely by connecting one cable. I believe both Denon and Onkyo have models that will connect to computers via ethernet connection and my particular Pioneer will connect via USB. There are others that do it differently, but those three are the ones I feel comfortable mentioning. Of course, you could also get some kind of wireless music server. My dad recently purchased a Roku Soundbridge and it connects to his wireless network and outputs whatever the computer is playing via optical digital or analog connection to the receiver.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have my computer connected to my stereo using a 1/8" mini-jack to stereo RCA connection, as mentioned by Jaxvon. They are at any Best Buy, Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, and lots of other places including the internet. They are cheap, less than $15 in most cases.

Having a computer connected to your stereo is so much better than using PC speakers.:D

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I went with a digital connection between my music server PC and my Pioneer receiver.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
everybody's solutions above will work ... but my creative LX external sound card (USB) has L and R RCA connections and an optical connection -> and it only cost me 55 bucks max

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis