Connecting PS3 to Denon 2310

T

tadmore

Audiophyte
Hi,

I recently purchased a Denon 2310 receiver and speaker system and have it connected (among other items) from a PS3 to a Sony Bravia LCD screen. I am using HDMI from PS3 to 2310 and HDMI from there to the TV.

The problem I have is that when using the PS3 to play Bluray DVD's I can't seem to get the PS3's startup screen/menus to display on the TV. I have reverted to connecting the PS3 to the TV, getting the DVD playing, then connecting to the Denon. After that it's fine, but again, at the end of the disc I can't seem to get the PS3 menus to display.

Is this situation normal or is there something I have overlooked in the setup? Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks,

Tadmore

M

murthyvs

Junior Audioholic
Hi,

I recently purchased a Denon 2310 receiver and speaker system and have it connected (among other items) from a PS3 to a Sony Bravia LCD screen. I am using HDMI from PS3 to 2310 and HDMI from there to the TV.

The problem I have is that when using the PS3 to play Bluray DVD's I can't seem to get the PS3's startup screen/menus to display on the TV. I have reverted to connecting the PS3 to the TV, getting the DVD playing, then connecting to the Denon. After that it's fine, but again, at the end of the disc I can't seem to get the PS3 menus to display.

Is this situation normal or is there something I have overlooked in the setup? Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks,

Tadmore
May be I dont read your question right ...
Are you able to watch the movies through PS3-2310-Bravia connection? Did you check monitor out? (1 or 2)? If the PS3 is set to autoplay .. you'll not see the menu .. it just starts reading discs.

T

tadmore

Audiophyte
Hi,

Sorry if I didn't clarify the issue. PS3 plays movies fine through direct connection to the Bravia, and if autoplay, by the PS3-2310-Bravia connection. The problem is for any disk that doesn't autoplay, where because the menu screen of the PS3 does not seem to play through the 2301, it is impossible to get to the PS3 menu required. Hence connect back to the Bravia directly, navigate to where I want to be, get going, then reconnect via the 2310. Hope that is clearer.

Monitor is fine - not sure what you mean by '1 or 2'? I only have the one monitor if that is what you mean.

Are you suggesting that I disable autoplay on the PS3? I think I have tried that, but just to be sure I'll give it a try (again?) and see if it helps.

Regards and thanks.

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
I believe if you press the square button on your controller it will display the menu,even if it autostarts.

V

vxcalais01

Audioholic Intern
In the settings i am sure theres the option to make the HDMI communicate both ways (this is on PS3 setup Menu). Even on my basic Pioneer vsx519, if i hit the ps3 power button, the reciever and samsung tv switch on. I havent had any issues with menus etc. I have it setup like yours, Ps3 via hdmi into reciever and another hdmi from reciver to tv.

T

tadmore

Audiophyte
I believe if you press the square button on your controller it will display the menu,even if it autostarts.
That does bring up a pop-up menu such as 'Setup' 'Scenes' 'Special Features' etc, but those are not the menus to which I am referring. I mean the PS3 screen that shows on the TV when the PS3 is on but no disc is inserted.

For example, if I just wanted to turn on the PS3 (without inserting any disk) to look at system settings or other things, I cannot get anything displayed when connected via the 2310.

Thanks vxcalais01 for your suggestion, but I cannot find any option in the PS3 setup as you mentioned for both-ways HDMI communication.

Still perplexed, but appreciate those of you who are offering suggestions.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It's just a setting on something. If you can 'see" a movie than you can get to the PS3 menu. I will jack around with mine later and see if I can figure it out for you.

Read through the link below on the Denon. If I remember correctly there is a section on the PS3.
http://www.batpigworld.com/setup.html#before

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis