Connecting JBL Speakers to Panasonic Blu Ray

• Thread starter mukesh_pednekar
  • Start date
M

mukesh_pednekar

Audiophyte
Hi All,

This is my first post here, seeking help with my home theater setup. I am a novice and currently struggling to hookup my JBL speakers to the new Panasonic blu ray.

Background: I had my JBL home theater (150sisat) hooked up to HK receiver AVR 125. The HK receiver died afer serving me for past 8years. Now I have got a Panasonic 3D Blu Ray player (sc btt755). It has got its own speakers but they are nowhere close to the JBLs I have. I wish to hook up my JBL system but not sure how to do it.

Issues:
1. How do I connect the subwoofer (jbl 150)? The sub has two inputs – L&R RCA and 1LFE and my Panasonic player has 6 speaker outs which include one for the woofer. Do I need to convert the speaker out to LFE / RCA and will this work well?
2. Sub which came with Panasonic is passive sub – would it be okay to connect the jbl active sub to Panasonic.
3. Will my JBL satellite speakers work well with the Panasonic system?
4. If at all I am able to connect the JBL speakers to Panasonic – will I put the system in jeopardy ?

http://www.avsystemparts.com/media/00/a20791e13a3eaeb0964093_s.JPG

Looking for some help from the experts out here. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
MP

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The bad n news is that you probably won’t be able to use your JBL speakers with that Panasonic. It’s a so-called “home theater in a box” (HTIB), and with these things very often the speaker connections use proprietary plug ends that aren’t compatible with other standard speakers. Even if you could get around that – say, by doing a lot of wire-splicing – often the speakers that come with HTIB have unusually impedance ratings, which means other speakers may not work well with the amplifier.

Since you had an AVR before, your best bet, if you really want to use your JBL speakers, is to stick with that route: Return the Panasonic, get a new AVR and a stand-alone blue-ray player.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis