C

cantonguy

Junior Audioholic
I have a Yamaha RX-V467 receiver and I want to add an amp for my front 3 speakers... Is it possible at all with this receiver? I'm thinking that it doesn't have enough pre-amp outputs, but wonder if there is anyway around it? I really love how my speakers sound at loud volume but I do run out of power and the sound does become distorted. I feel that I could benefit from an additional amp. Thanks for any advice you may have. I doubt i will purchase a new AVR if this yamaha does not have the capability.:confused:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Does the receiver have pre-outs? If you want to add amps for just the front 3 speakers then the receiver has to have pre-outs for the left front, center, and right front channels. Receviers with pre-outs tend to have one for each channel so it won't be a problem adding amps to just the front three or all of them.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I have a Yamaha RX-V467 receiver and I want to add an amp for my front 3 speakers... Is it possible at all with this receiver? I'm thinking that it doesn't have enough pre-amp outputs, but wonder if there is anyway around it? I really love how my speakers sound at loud volume but I do run out of power and the sound does become distorted. I feel that I could benefit from an additional amp. Thanks for any advice you may have. I doubt i will purchase a new AVR if this yamaha does not have the capability.:confused:
Your receiver only has preouts for surround back speakers and a sub, so the short answer would be no, you can't hook up an amp for your front speakers.

This might be an interesting thread for you to read:

Using a Receiver Without Preouts for Connection to an Amp?
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63966

I think your best option, unfortunately, is to sell your RX-V467 & buy a receiver with preouts :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis