Connect Internet Ready Receiver to Internet Wirelessly

J

jbruno

Audioholic Intern
Hello,

I intend to purchase a low cost A/V receiver that includes an ethernet port. However, their is no easy way to run a wire to its location. I would like to know if their is a simple way to make the internet connection wireless (i.e. access point connection, universal dongle, etc.)

Thank you,

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello,

I intend to purchase a low cost A/V receiver that includes an ethernet port. However, their is no easy way to run a wire to its location. I would like to know if their is a simple way to make the internet connection wireless (i.e. access point connection, universal dongle, etc.)

Thank you,
you'd need to get wifi ap and configure it as a client or get wifi bridge

J

jbruno

Audioholic Intern
you'd need to get wifi ap and configure it as a client or get wifi bridge
Thank you. Would a WIFI bridge be a better solution?

I currently have a normal router connected to an access point in my basement. All laptops/cell phones connect wirelessly via that access point. Would a bridge be able to connect via that access point? Also, I see the bridges can have multiple input. Does this mean I could connect the receiver, TV, X-Box 360, etc. all to the bridge?

Thanks Again,

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you. Would a WIFI bridge be a better solution?

I currently have a normal router connected to an access point in my basement. All laptops/cell phones connect wirelessly via that access point. Would a bridge be able to connect via that access point? Also, I see the bridges can have multiple input. Does this mean I could connect the receiver, TV, X-Box 360, etc. all to the bridge?

Thanks Again,
yes, also you'd have easier install and more reliable connection if you choose same vendor for wifi ap and bridge

J

jbruno

Audioholic Intern
yes, also you'd have easier install and more reliable connection if you choose same vendor for wifi ap and bridge
Thank you. I guess my only other question is, "how do I initially setup the bridge to connect to the WIFI, or is that done through each individual component (TV, Receiver, DVD, Xbox, etc.)?"

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you. I guess my only other question is, "how do I initially setup the bridge to connect to the WIFI, or is that done through each individual component (TV, Receiver, DVD, Xbox, etc.)?"
you do it only once, the rest of components should just work using regular cables from the bridge

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis