S

Shaheinthoughts

Enthusiast
So this means I can output from the subwoofer to a bose speaker?

Thanks!

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
From what I see all you can do with that is daisychain a couple of subs. You can't drive or hook up any speakers to that output.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not sure what speakers you intend to use, but the subwoofer is designed to have a LFE input, or to take a pre-amplified stereo input, and pull off the low end, then pass on low level audio back to an amplifiier.

If you have any speakers you would like to use after the subwoofer, they will need to be amplified in some form or another.

Some Bose speakers plug into a bass module which includes amplification in the cheesy little plastic shell it comes in. It is almost entirely proprietary and will not allow connectivity in any other manner.

But, if you have stand alone Bose speakers, then they will still need some type of amplifier between the subwoofer shown and the speakers.

S

Shaheinthoughts

Enthusiast
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

I have a BOSE series II sounddock.
It plugs into the wall, and has its own power source (I can use it by itself).

So i think it'll work, right?

Thanks again.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
BMXTRIX has it right. The amp output terminals probably outputs a full range signal but it will need to be amplified to drive speakers.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

I have a BOSE series II sounddock.
It plugs into the wall, and has its own power source (I can use it by itself).

So i think it'll work, right?

Thanks again.
Depends on what you're listening to. The Sounddock has no output, so you can't plop your iPod onto it and have the sub work.

You can use a cable to go from your iPod (or whatever) to the line level inputs of the subwoofer, then another cable to go from the line level outputs of the sub to the rear input of the Sounddock.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis