ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Hello all,

Planning to build a set of speakers for my wife's office. I use the speakers when I am working upstairs so I want speakers I like too. I was thinking Speedsters. They are smallish (my wife would be happy a pair of 'tin-ies') but would be something I wouldn't be ashamed to have in the house;).

I do crank the office speakers occasionally when I am doing roaming housework so I think I might need an amp with a bit of oomph. I don't have any experience with small amps like the lepai that I was thinking about having power.

I am just in the planning phase of this, any suggestions will be considered. Thanks in advance.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Why it has to be so complicated? Why not active monitors - ok, not pretty, but several good ones in that price range
like LSR305 or Focal Alpha 50
or if pretty is more important : Swan M200MkII

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Why it has to be so complicated?
Once you've heard the sweetness of something you banged out with your own two hands and assortment of power tools, it's hard to spend 'more' for 'less'.

I think YAA has built just about everything there is to build out there but I think I'm still in my DM phase. Knowing nothing about anything mentioned so far in this thread, I'd shoot for a CAOWI. That would be my climb up the food chain.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Why it has to be so complicated? Why not active monitors - ok, not pretty, but several good ones in that price range
like LSR305 or Focal Alpha 50
or if pretty is more important : Swan M200MkII
1. I like building! :D
2. I want to match the walnut desk with a walnut veneer.
3. I've built my ER18s, tritrix, overnight sensation side speakers, and a my sub. I haven't tried speesters.:rolleyes:

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Jeff Bagby did the Solstice for parts express... I would really like to build that kit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis