T

Tony3d

Junior Audioholic
Hi all, I was going to buy this system after returning a Bose companion 3 series 2 for a very slight buzz in one of the speakers. It could only be heard on certain notes mostly piano. I was then looking at the Klipsh Promedia 2.1 system, but after hearing all the problems with this system, it makes me wonder if I should look else where. They seem to be a great deal for the money, but not if they last for 3 months I don't care how good they sound! Peopple on their site are complaining about the din connector like crazy, and the sub over heating. What other speakers that don't take up a lot of room do you suggest?

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Klipsch iFi, they "replaced" the Promedia 2.1s but they too are no longer in production I believe, as Klipsch is moving on the different things.

It's basically the same as the 2.1s, just a better sub and satellites, plus an ipod docking station.

They are $200 at Costco or Sam's if you can find them, but otherwise, online, Klipsch sells them refurbed for $180 I believe.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Powered bookshelf speaker

For a quality pair of powered book shelf speakers, check out the AudioEngine 5. They got a good review from this site.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Edifier makes a pretty good 2.1 system. It's called the S2.1D, and features 2 way sats with a 6.5inch subwoofer. The best part is coaxial AND optical digital inputs so you can be free of noise.

www.ncix.com has them on sale for $79CAD until the first. This is a great company to deal with, and they won't leave you hanging. I have bought MANY computer parts from them.

SheepStar

H

HTHOLIC

Audioholic
You should just get an amp, and a 5.1 bundle.

for $400 , you can get a complete 7.1 system from onkyo.

I wouldnt go with the audioengine 5 unless your a musician who wants studio-monitor like bookshelfs with hardly much bass on the low-end.

Note that treble detail on the A5 isnt that great compared to other speakers, however it is much better than bose or apple's speakers and possibly klipsh's

But there is no way to connect a sub, as there is no crossover. Unless you want to buy a subwoofer with inputs and outputs and connect it to the a5.

There are many options you can choose from, from a svs system to a onkyo 7.1 htib(home theater in box) system , they do have some decent ones that sound great for the price, although it wouldnt sound like $1,000 speakers, it could sound as $500-700 speakers.

www.onkyousa.com

and www.svsound.com are two great places to look. I wouldn't go with aperion audio, but if you can afford axiom, you can try them or onix.

The trouble is you need an amp, so I am not sure what your needs and budget is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis