Composite to Component: Wow! ... and not so wow

I

Imagine2

Audiophyte
I have a Sony KV32FV310 (analog TV) and a new DVD player (Yamaha). I was amazed at the difference in going from the cheap compsite video cable that came with the DVD player to good component cables. The colors are so much more vibrant! But, the colors are also over saturated. For example, in the Matrix, Neo looks like he is wearing lipstick and Agent Smith has quite reddish hair (or maybe it is supposed to look that way and I am just used to the composite feed). And the contrast is a bit high - detail is lost in the dark areas. I know I can make adjustments on my TV to the color saturation and contrast, but then I will have to reverse those adjustments for broadcast TV. My question is: In a real home theater setup how does one handle different video characteristics from different sources? I hate to think that everyone has to make adjustments each time the source is changed or just live with some sources being out of whack.

M

MrKlister

Junior Audioholic
It depends on your tv. Many newer, higher end sets will have seperate memories for the different inputs. So, if you change the settings for your component input, it won't affect your broadcast input. The manual will tell you if your set does this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis