M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I am looking for a new component rack. This is my wifes uncles set up and I am looking for something similar to this one. not sure if you can see the picture but this is a Great American Oak cabinet however the company went out of business. Can anyone recomend something similar?
any ideas? not looking to spend a ton as I just bought an SVS.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/moreira85/cabinet/cabinet001.jpg

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll second Matt's recommendation of Racksandstands.com, and particularly anything made by the companies Bush or Atlantic Furniture.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was looking into this one. does anyone know if an Emotiva LPA-1 will fit in this cabinet? The Emotiva is very deep.
http://www.racksandstands.com/Bush-Furniture-AD53940-03-BU2242.html
According to the emotiva site the LPA1 is 19 inches deep and the cabinet itself is 20 inches deep, but that's just the exterior depth. I'm guessing that at a maximum the interior table will be no larger than 18.5 inches (if you're lucky) so you're going to have a hard time fitting the unit unless you're planning on not attaching the back. I rarely attach the backs to my units anyway b/c I want to make sure I allow for enough ventilation of my equipment.

A 19 inch depth is definitely on the larger side, so I would recommend staying away from cabinets and looking more at open audio racks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I agree. I don't think the Emo will fit. Besides, are you sure you want to place your amps inside a cabinet?

Don't you want a more ventilated rack?

And I bought all my audio racks from Racksandstands as well. They are great.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got my bedroom rack from racksandstands also. Great place.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I agree. I don't think the Emo will fit. Besides, are you sure you want to place your amps inside a cabinet?

Don't you want a more ventilated rack?

And I bought all my audio racks from Racksandstands as well. They are great.
I guess your right!!! I just have to find a rack that i like, black or dark cherry but I am looking for something that is on the taller end like 60inches +.
I will check out that site and see what I can come up with.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
TV stand

so i found the tv stand that i really want. it is a bush stand but only one problem. my boston center is 6.75 inches in height, i called the mfg of the stand and the girl said that the top and bottom shelf are 6 3/8 inches in height. real bummer, then i was thinking after looking at the picture i wonder if i can slide the center in from the side of the rack, and wondering if the 6 3/8 inches on the top shelf is from the glass shelf to the bar going across? i really like this stand and hoping it can be placed behind that top bar. here is a pic. anyone have this stand? if so any idea on the height behind that bar for a 6.75 inch center?

http://www.bush-furniture-online.com/bush_VS74962-03.html?utm_source=Pricegrabber&utm_medium=shopping

J

jamie2112

Banned
Another vote for Racks and Stands. They have a variety great stuff. You could most likely get an answer from Bush Furniture or even see if they might shave an area for your center to go into. 1/2 inch difference is truly a bummer.:(

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
then i was thinking after looking at the picture i wonder if i can slide the center in from the side of the rack, and wondering if the 6 3/8 inches on the top shelf is from the glass shelf to the bar going across?
There is a way around it, although I do highly recommend you think about some things before purchase...

Nevertheless, when you are assembling it, before you drop the glass on top, you drop the speaker in. That will do the trick. However, if the speaker really was too big to "slide in", that obviously means you have to remove tv, and glass to get the speaker out. Not too big of a deal probably.

I have 2x Studio Tech modular racks, at $200 a piece, also from racks n stands. I split em sorta, and have one bigger one and one smaller one. You can buy extra 7" or 9" posts. Great value IMO. Only downside is that to reconfigure for more, or less, racks, you need to take everything out and turn the rack upside down.

The benefits are future proofing for more or less components in the future. Better ventilation. You will not have ambient light directly below the tv, which can only improve contrast/PQ/immersion. You will have a much less chance of terrible center speaker positioning/setup, without glass reflections from both above and below speaker. You could hope to acheive better dispersion with more accurate response.

A few things to consider. Now that I have a rack to the side, I don't think I'll ever do a conventional TV stand again. Could be famous last words, but that's my prediction.

-jostenmeat

Matt34

Matt34

There is a way around it, although I do highly recommend you think about some things before purchase...

Nevertheless, when you are assembling it, before you drop the glass on top, you drop the speaker in. That will do the trick. However, if the speaker really was too big to "slide in", that obviously means you have to remove tv, and glass to get the speaker out. Not too big of a deal probably.

I have 2x Studio Tech modular racks, at $200 a piece, also from racks n stands. I split em sorta, and have one bigger one and one smaller one. You can buy extra 7" or 9" posts. Great value IMO. Only downside is that to reconfigure for more, or less, racks, you need to take everything out and turn the rack upside down.

The benefits are future proofing for more or less components in the future. Better ventilation. You will not have ambient light directly below the tv, which can only improve contrast/PQ/immersion. You will have a much less chance of terrible center speaker positioning/setup, without glass reflections from both above and below speaker. You could hope to acheive better dispersion with more accurate response.

A few things to consider. Now that I have a rack to the side, I don't think I'll ever do a conventional TV stand again. Could be famous last words, but that's my prediction.

-jostenmeat
I have the side by side verison just like yours from StudioTech. It has very good build quailty for the price and like you said they are future proof. I plan on getting the one like what you linked to for my future 2-channel setup.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I have the side by side verison just like yours from StudioTech. It has very good build quailty for the price and like you said they are future proof. I plan on getting the one like what you linked to for my future 2-channel setup.
I highly recommend it, Matt. Its a great piece for the money, maybe unbeatable. I wish there were longer post selections for better ventilation sometimes, but now that I mention it I'm sure one could combine dual 7 inchers. There are these wire mgmt panels that slide/latch, but I opt not to use any of them.

I get a little irked at how much AV furniture/stuff can cost. I personally don't think Salamander looks that good for how much they ask.

moreira, I really hope you think about my advice. Is it possible, whatsoever, that the center speaker can fit on the top, in front of the tv? Make sure that if it does fit, that your IR sensor on TV is not blocked. Think about it for a sec, if the speaker can't even fit in easily... how bad do you think the performance will be? I daresay very.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
thanks everyone, i am goint go to local best buy in the next hour becuase they have this bush stand will measure the rack coming in from the side.
ill let you know.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
thanks everyone, i am goint go to local best buy in the next hour becuase they have this bush stand will measure the rack coming in from the side.
ill let you know.
so they had the stand at best buy i measured in between the racks and there were like 8 to 9 inches of space. i dont know what the girl measured when i called rack and stand but she said it was 6 3/8s. i am just happy the stand will fit my center.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis