Component AV Rack Selection

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
Hi All,
I was searching in the forums to find a thread/conversation that talks about how we choose component AV Rack in home theater but was not successful in finding one. I have shortlisted the electronics for my home theater but haven't decided about AV Rack.

Electronics
1. Marantz SR5010
2. Emotiva XPA7
3. Oppo Bdp 103
4. QNAP TS-251 NAS Device
5. Panamax MR5300 or 4100

Can you direct me to post/website that talks about all the important things to consider when we decide about AV Rack

Last edited:
WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

It’s not something that comes up for discussion much. People typically choose something that fits their room décor that has sufficient size for the amount of equipment they have. Just be sure and allow adequate ventilation for the amplifier.

So-called “low-boy” racks are popular these days, wide and squat furniture that fit nicely under a flat-screen TV. Personally I don’t like having to get down on my hands and knees to load a disc into the blu-ray player.

People with dedicated home theater rooms often have cabinetry built into the wall to display the equipment. Others use professional 19” equipment racks from companies like Middle Atlantic.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

T

Theheadsn

Audiophyte
When I originally was building out my HT in my head, I always was looking at different media racks but realized the ones I wanted, were WAY out of my price range. Luckily I have a decent amount of craftsman talent, so I just built my own. I guess it all depends how crazy you want to get, and how much time/money youre willing to spend

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis