Comparison between the Hsu VTF-3 HO and the SVS PB12-Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonnyOzero3

Audioholic Intern
You know Craig, I have room at my place if you need some space to store some equipment ;)

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
JonnyOzero3 said:
You know Craig, I have room at my place if you need some space to store some equipment ;)
In May, look for a sale on a bunch of stuff ... lol. I think the Paradigm Studio 100 V.3's, Energy Veritas 2.4i's, and a few subs will be for sale.

Afterall, we need to start getting ready for next Fall's products ... :D

And Jonny, your offer to help is REALLY touching ... ;)

J

JonnyOzero3

Audioholic Intern
Just trying to help out...I know you're really busy with a family and all. And subs. And speakers.

Yeah. Busy.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
Craig, this is the first i've heard about you having paradigm studio 100's. why are you getting rid of them? are you not satisfied or just moving on?
thanks.
-bill

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Bill ... I just got them for the purpose of evaluating them. Once this current round of tests is done, a lot of stuff will be sold, and I will be golfing... :)

Of course, in November, we start again ...

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Craig,

Great job as always...haven't chimed in, but have been following. I'm impressed that posts have stayed positive as they should. Looks like bringing it over here was a great idea:) .

D

Duffman-OOHYEAH

Junior Audioholic
craigsub said:
Bill ... I just got them for the purpose of evaluating them. Once this current round of tests is done, a lot of stuff will be sold, and I will be golfing... :)

Of course, in November, we start again ...
I assume a new driver and putter are going to be in the bag soon, then the cursing and club throwing will commence.:D

JR

J

JonnyOzero3

Audioholic Intern
I just thought you were talking about sub accessories ;)

B

Berty52

Audioholic Intern
Craig,
now that HSU, Axiom and other company can come close or even have a slight advantage on the SVS Ultra driver, do you think that SVS will update their flagship driver?

Bertrand

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Lots of answers ...

1. I never throw golf clubs. A great Sam Snead story - he was playing behind an amateur golfer who would swear, toss clubs... etc ...

After about 6 holes, he jumped in a ranger's cart, and approached the club tosser. Says Sam: "Son, you aren't good enough a golfer to get that mad everytime you hit a bad shot." ... love that story ...

2. I am not sure when SVS will be updating the Ultra - they have said there are plans, but nothing concrete.

3. Ron - you are correct, moving it here was a good idea. Thanks for the compliment, too :)

D

Duffman-OOHYEAH

Junior Audioholic
JonnyOzero3 said:
I just thought you were talking about sub accessories ;)
The intent of that lingo was to lure people into thinking HSU was releasing an addon to the turbo dubbed "putter".:D

Love that story Craig, classic words of one of the classiest men to ever step onto a golf course. Myself on the other hand :rolleyes: have nearly been kicked off of every course I've ever played for screaming "KISS MY WHITE *** BALL, PIECE OF MONKEY S*#T!":cool:

JR

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Thanks to a tip from a gent on AVS (thanks, Eric !), I am now listening to the new Donald Fagen "Morph the Cat" DVD/A ... it has the same relaxed, fantastic, bass-fest sound that Two Against Nature has ...

And this is my first run through with this disc - but both subs sound darn good.

M

Mark Seaton

Junior Audioholic
Duffman-OOHYEAH said:
Myself on the other hand :rolleyes: have nearly been kicked off of every course I've ever played for screaming "KISS MY WHITE *** BALL, PIECE OF MONKEY S*#T!":cool:
Que Happy Gilmore scene of going to your "happy place," circling midget and all... :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, they really should have mixed much more low end into Happy's 400+ yard drives. :cool:

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Mark Seaton said:
Que Happy Gilmore scene of going to your "happy place," circling midget and all... :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, they really should have mixed much more low end into Happy's 400+ yard drives. :cool:
LMAO ... Leave it to you to come up with an LFE request for Happy Gilmore... the scary part ... it WOULD be fun.

Ok ... back to serious stuff - We now have David Gilmour's new "On an Island" ... it is somewhat a mix of old CSNY (Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young for you Gen Y slackers ... :D ) and Pink Floyd.

Between Fagen reminding me of the old Steely Dan days, and Gilmour's stylings here reminding me of 70's Floyd/CSNY, I am REALLY wondering how I got out of school without using drugs ... :eek: :cool: :D

These discs are both new - so no winner will be picked in the subwoofer wars - but both are sounding good ... again.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Sherv ... I know. I wish she would loosen up with the whole camera thing. She is too busy to take pics tonight, but, in her words "I want them to look right. You are just a man, with no artistic eye, and you will think anything looks good" ...

Now ... the woman is RIGHT ... but sheesh !

I will try again tomorrow ... :cool:

ssabripo

ssabripo

Audioholic
:D ..... you guys crack me up! :)

alright Craig, you better tell mrs. Chase to buckle down and take them pics!!

K

---k---

Junior Audioholic
Craig, buy your own camera that the wife isn't allowed to touch!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis