B

Blodhemn

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Well, the story is simple.

I want to connect my Yamaha RX-V440 Reciever to my (crappy) Prosound DVD9000PS DVD player.

First, I hooked it up with two ordinary cables to the ordinary left/right plugs.
Realizing this will not provide me with the surround-sound goodness I so desperatly crave, I went out and was coaxed into buying a Coaxial cable... (coaxed into buying coaxial cable! heheh... get it?? dang i'm funny.)
Now, both the DVD and the Reciever have all the needed plugs: coax output on the DVD and input on the reciever, but when I plug it in and assign the coaxial plug to the DVD channel on the reciever, no sound actually comes out.

The cable I was sold has this printed on the side:

Audio Line Professional Video Audio Interconnect Cable

It has the same plug as those ordinary cables but it is alot fatter.

Now, I have a few theories:

A) I got tricked into buying the wrong type of, or a faulty, wire, although the connection works just fine when I plug it in the TV and the video output of the DVD

B) I'm stupid and fudged up the input setup on the Reciever.

C) There's something defected in the DVD or the Reciever which screws up the connection. (bad...BAD...BAAAAD!! scenario... this crap was purchased online, tracking down warrenty will be a pain in the...)

D) I'm stupid and failed to notice my DVD needs configuration as well, despite the fact I checked in the manual and it doesn't even mention such a thing.

Will anyone help little poor newbie me?</font>

R

RobertDi

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>The cable you &nbsp;probably want is a digital audio coaxial cable also known as a PCM. I bought mine in circuit city $10. I believe the color coded band is orange on most of them.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis