Clueless...so how do I........

M

mod

Junior Audioholic
I'm from the Pac Man generation and don't have a clue about the current generation of gaming. I'm really interested in how I could use some of the new auto racing and motocross games without making a big investment in all sorts of new equipment. That may not even be possible, but I thought you folks would be a great source for suggestions.

I have my HT setup with a plasma TV, Yamaha receiver, Blu Ray DVD, etc. I don't have a PSP or XBox or anything like that.

I don't plan on doing any heavy gaming, just the light stuff. So are there any games that are on DVD, or would I have to buy some level of gaming station to get started?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
You would need to buy either a playstation 3 or a xbox 360 or both...you'd need to see which games were available on either system to see which ones you wanted to play more.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What do you consider a "big" investment? Because you are looking at a minimum of $200-$300 for the console and games on top of that. You can pick up some good racing games used for pretty cheap though, so that's not such a big deal, but the consoles aren't exactly cheap even at the current reduced prices.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
If you have a decent PC you could get some games for that. I have an Xbox 360 but I do all of my gaming on my PC.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
You mention "new auto racing" games...

Gran Turismo 5 is just around the corner (December?) and is on PS3 only.

This will be the timesink to end all racing timesinks and this one game should hold you over and entertain you for a good loooooong while.

PS3 ($325 min) + GT5($60 min) for a minimum grand total of $385 plus tax.

Now, you can get pre-bundled PS3's with other games or with the Playstation Move and you can probably get collectors editions of GT5 for more money too...

...not too mention you can get a steering wheel peripheral to play the game on or just use the controller that comes with your PS3.

Either way, if a new racing game is what you are looking for, and you want the Sim style, GT5 coming out in the next month+ might be just what you are looking for.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The ps3 is only $300. I'm guessing there will be a GT5 bundle whenever it comes out as well.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Eh...why buy the 160 gb for $300 when you can get the 250 gb for $325?

:rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis