Cleaning your stylus

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Static electricity isn't a problem in places where the humidity is higher but in the Great White North of the US and Canada, cranking up the heat during Winter drops the indoor humidity to the point where it can arc a couple of inches and that's just great when approaching a light switch....yeah, just great.

I screwed a 100K resistor to my equipment rack so I could discharge the static before touching anything during the coldest months.
I remember....lived in the Chicago area when I was a kid. It was kinda fun putting on those great socks that helped generate a really good spark on a door knob or my brother....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I remember....lived in the Chicago area when I was a kid. It was kinda fun putting on those great socks that helped generate a really good spark on a door knob or my brother....
Wool works really, really well for static- was your brother asleep when you zapped him? That's just good, clean family fun.

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
In spite of what people may have heard, FL. does get cold (at least central and North) and the humidity drops to lower levels for months this part of the year. Even where I grew up roughly 100 miles south of Tampa regularly got down to freezing. It's not uncommon here to see temps into the 20s and even the teens in some years. Every year, the citrus/fruit industry ends up going into emergency mode around hard freeze warnings. Cold spells, oftentimes, can last for weeks.

Central Florida's best kept secret ends up being what can amount to around 7 months of mild, spring-like weather. The three months worth of high heat/humidity is mostly perpetuated by misplaced snow turkeys who never venture outdoors, even when they were still up north from whence they came. When they get here, the only real experience they have with the weather is from their AC'd house, to their AC'd car and to the next AC'd place they end up at but they never really are out in it for more than 5 minutes.

The exception of course is if you live close to the bay, Gulf, or on a lake, perhaps. This time of year, those of us more accustomed to working/living in high humidity end up with dry skin and unquenchable thirst.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis