Circuit City Residential Installer Jobs Cuts Coming

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This week Circuit City Stores Inc. said that it is shrinking its Firedog home installation business in response to the national economic slowdown centered around the home construction industry. While Best Buy is no doubt fanning the flames of this announcement, it seems like Circuit City is taking reasonable measures to insure its $200 million/year business which saw its debut in September 2006, four years after Best Buy purchased its similar Geek Squad service.

Discuss "Circuit City Residential Installer Jobs Cuts Coming" here. Read the article.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
could be the prices that they charge for install. I have a eldery friend who got an Onkyo HTib and they wanted $500 to set it up for her. I set it up for her (free of course) but for a basic set up, thiat is pricy. I am sure that there is more to i than that but that is my 2 cents

P

ParkerAudio

Full Audioholic
You wouldn't have to do many installations a day to be profitable.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Truthfully, CC is doing so badly I'd be surprised if it finds a way to survive the current recession at all.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Truthfully, CC is doing so badly I'd be surprised if it finds a way to survive the current recession at all.
I hope this isn't against any posting rules here, but with the stuff they have done recently, I hope they don't survive. I plan on never entering one again.

(If you don't have any idea of why I don't like them, just do some searching on line, and you might come up with the answer. I am not the only one displeased with them.)

P

ParkerAudio

Full Audioholic
Arrogance and greed is what ran what used to be a good company into the ground.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
I am not the only one displeased with them.)
That's for sure. I do not wish ill will on any business but Circuit City has brought it on themselves with their service.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, $500? I thought the company I work for was getting pricey when we raised our basic installation rate for new purchases from free to $40. Basic installation includes just about anything besides mounting stuff on the wall and pulling wires.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis