Cinenova Grande 7 amplifier

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Anyone have any experience with one of these things? I came across one on FB marketplace and it looks like a beast of an amp. It's not local to me though, so the chances of ever acquiring it are slim to none, but wondered if it's any good per se?

Cheers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That the Earthquake brand amp? Not impressed with that brand myself....

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
I thought ATI made them. If you compare them inside and out the designs are very similar. And actually Cinenova amps are built like a tank. Wish I never sold it. Mine came in a wooden crate. Here are some measurements from 2 different sources:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought ATI made them. If you compare them inside and out the designs are very similar. And actually Cinenova amps are built like a tank. Wish I never sold it. Mine came in a wooden crate. Here are some measurements from 2 different sources:

If made by ATI, would be where the Earthquake brand wouldn't matter as much perhaps :)

Gene said this in a thread when someone inquired about their subs, tho:

Earthquake is a company I will NOT promote on this website. The owner threatened to sue us if we published CEA2010 data on their subwoofers. A couple of users here reported their power amplifiers blew up years ago and upon me examining the schematics of the circuit, I noted the power supply caps were speced at a working voltage very close to the rails which may have been the culprit. They again threatened to sue us if we didn't delete the user thread on their amps. Be warned about this company.

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
Good points! I now remember reading a number of cases where these amps did burst into flames. Definitely would stay away from the company knowing what I know now.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Great to see those measurements during the days with HTHF was still using the AP. Don't know what happened with it, may be it was sold and Amir picked it up;), just kidding of course but you never know.

That class A crap is ridiculous though, typically audiophile reviewer who seemed to buy in to that minute observable difference in the odd harmonics contents, though I would give him the credit for not talking much about any perceived "sound quality" difference.

Still, read this:

Most of the time, 10 watts is enough for casual listening, with just an occasional peak in the 50 watt range. Class A sound is a world of its own. The differences between Class A and Class AB are subtle, but noticeable. There is a smoothness to the sound that Class AB just quite can’t reach. Close but no cigar. Violins have an additional correctness about them. Brass sounds more like brass and less like something that has its edges not quite in focus.
He seemed to want to relate the sound characteristic he heard with his measurements that included just THD+N, IMD, and FR yet if we compared those figures with that of the AVR-X3600H, the power amp clearly performed worse, even in the 3.12/6.23W class A mode, so I would probably rather listen to a Denon AVR if 20 W is good enough for music as the reviewer seemed to think it is, for him. :D

Last edited:
W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
@Pogre: I forgot about the fires until hd reminded me. Plus I didn't know about the lawsuit threats.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Pogre: I forgot about the fires until hd reminded me. Plus I didn't know about the lawsuit threats.
...the lawsuit threat is enough for me to not buy anything from the brand....and if they burst into fire I'd guess ATI didn't build 'em :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis