Christmas 2011 Swag

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I know that Christmas should be about reflection and family, but...what did you all get this year? :p Anything good?

My family and I don't tend to exchange gifts at Christmas anymore (because we live so far apart, so we just get stuff for each other throughout the year), but my parents surprised me with a generous check, so I'll give them credit for the stuff that I already bought myself. :D

I'll start off:
  • PS3 Move starter kit, extra controllers, charging station, Sharp Shooter, and Killzone 3.
  • Wireless access point to connect up my home theater gear
  • New computer speakers (here on Tuesday)
  • High capacity magazines for my Berettas (my grown-up gift :))
  • My first ever Shun kitchen knives, a 7" santoku and a 4" paring

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I know that Christmas should be about reflection and family, but...what did you all get this year? :p Anything good?
Haha. I don't know yet, my family isn't here either so I have some boxes that say 'don't open until Christmas' I'll about to go open. ;) Will report back.

My family and I don't tend to exchange gifts at Christmas anymore (because we live so far apart, so we just get stuff for each other throughout the year), but my parents surprised me with a generous check, so I'll give them credit for the stuff that I already bought myself. :D

I'll start off:
  • PS3 Move starter kit, extra controllers, charging station, Sharp Shooter, and Killzone 3.
  • Wireless access point to connect up my home theater gear
  • New computer speakers (here on Tuesday)
  • High capacity magazines for my Berettas (my grown-up gift :))
  • My first ever Shun kitchen knives, a 7" santoku and a 4" paring
Cool! All useful stuff, the wireless access is huge. All your firmware and stuff will be bothering you to update today. ;)

Kitchen knives is a cool gift. Shitty knives suck. You'll really enjoy those!

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know yet as no one else has gotten up yet, late night last and they are still asleep, I'll take the Pooch for a walk as it is beautiful outside almost spring like, crazy weather these days.
Nice gifts for you Adam the knives are gonna be the shiznit I despise the dull kitchen knife.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
7 CDs!:cool:
Bram Stokers Dracula blu-ray.:cool:
Old school Phat P Phillies hat!:cool:
Various clothing items...:(:D

Brenda and I were keeping it low key this year. We'll get some stuff more stuff this week!:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I feel like I've been picking up audio related items pretty steady since I finally got my hands on Jeff's rec'r. From the Parts Express classifieds I picked up a router and Jasper circle jig and a Avia II disc from our classifieds. I don't limit the giving to myself to just one season. However I was hoping to roll Christmas and birthday credit self giving into a speaker purchase from Swerd. I wonder what Greg is getting me this year. I was hoping for a bass boat but it's not looking good. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Merry Christmas Adam!
What speakers are you getting?

We stopped exchanging gifts with each other a few years back. We usually just get something for her nieces.
Since she rarely listens... my wife got us all 11 seasons of Frasier on DVD. (I won't hurt her feelings, and tell her we can watch it online for free.) :D It's the thought that counts.
That show is very funny and I'd recommend it, and Portlandia; we never saw Frasier when it was originally on TV.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Cool! All useful stuff, the wireless access is huge. All your firmware and stuff will be bothering you to update today. ;)

Kitchen knives is a cool gift. Shitty knives suck. You'll really enjoy those!
Thanks! I should have said a new access point :), as I had one already. The knives are awesome. Great feel and balance. The paring knife seems a bit dull so I'll get it replaced if I can't hone it into shape.

Nice gifts for you Adam the knives are gonna be the shiznit I despise the dull kitchen knife.
Thanks - these Shuns really are nice.

What speakers are you getting?
I'm getting these. I quite like my existing Creative speakers, but the volume control has been flakey for months, and I got a great deal on these. The bass module should thump my existing ~5" driver unit, too. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah ... I'm going to get to clean the tub. :confused:

It seems to be a holiday tradition for me. :rolleyes:

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Pink Floyd WYWH immersion box set.
Outdoor speakers.

Merry Christmas to all.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
My youngest (girl - 3.5 years old) seems to have inherited my affliction with cars. She told me several months ago that she is going to buy me a Ferrari when she gets older. Well, I wasn't expecting it so soon! :D

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
62mm CPL
wireless remote shutter
several cooking utensils
indoor smokeless grill
amy winehouse cd
sterling/turquoise money clip
good health(for now)

Last edited:
avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
We really don't do the gift giving either and I'm still undecided if I need/want any of boxing day item deals. Might take a look for a few good BD movies on sale and see if I can score a new computer for my son.

I did pick up a Samsung 19" TV for the GF to replace her 12" CRT in the kitchen.

Steve

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
An Enzo!!! She's got good taste.
I've corrupted her well, but I'm afraid she could turn out to be high maintenance for her future husband. It's funny that she is the "car guy" and her older brother doesn't seem to care less about cars, even though both have been exposed to nice cars and my car fanaticism all their lives.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
For being such a bad boy all year I did surprisingly well this year.

• Emotiva XDA-1
  • Nice wireless weather station
  • EMS Ski pants
  • Some cool clothes and golf toys
  • Small bag of coal

I hope everyone had a great day.:)

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Me and wifey didn't exchange gifts since we've been buying stuff for the new house being finished next month.

I did however attend a Christmas party and "won" a set of Magic Bullet Blenders and a bottle of Capt Morgan.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Bottle of 18 year Laphroaig
82" Mitsubishi DLP
Starbucks gift card
Sentimental photos (my actual favorite gift)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis