Choosing between Marantz sr5007, Pioneer Elite sr61 & Denon avr 2313ci...need advice.

N

novaranger

Audiophyte
I am new to audio equipment world and tried to narrow down my needs. I came up with three receivers, but don't know enough to compare properly and choose the best unit. Any insights would be appreciated.

P

pote8218

Audioholic Intern
What are your needs? I personally have the denon 2313 ci and have zero problems. It would be a toss up between the Marantz or Denon from me. If you are little more specific of what you are using it for, speakers and things like that. You will get more than enough information and probably talked into getting the next model up!

C

Crusader

Audiophyte
I have the same exact question, albeit I'm replacing a Denon 2803 with a more capable receiver. 6.1 NHT superzero/supercenter as main speakers +sub. DirecTV, AppleTV, Blu-ray, Computer as primary inputs all HDMI ... I'll be using a Harmony One remote. Feature sets are pretty similar, all have sufficient power (a nod to the Pioneer's headroom here), all seem roughly similar to set up, so my main concern is reliability. It appears that NO brand is utterly immune from infant mortality in their AV receivers, but I'd like to minimize my chances for getting a lemon. Any comments?

N

novaranger

Audiophyte
My use is very similar to Crusader. Samsung 55" 3D Smart HDTV, Blu-Ray Player, cable box, ethernet, with a 7.1 set up (front - Infinity SR 525 floor speakers, center - Yamaha NS AC3, rear - Yamaha NS A770 and Acoustimass 3 series III subwoofer system).

Video component is extremely important, so having 4K compatabilty is now something to consider. I liked the idea of the class D amp in the Pioneer, but since the entry level with 4K pass through is the SC-65 at $1,600 retail the cost factor is now an issue. Marantz SR5077 has 4K pass through and only $850.

I viewed numerous reviews of all units and found fewest complaints with the Marantz.

Not sure if I'm missing any other important factors.

S

SonomaComa

Enthusiast
Is the Marantz even rated for 4ohm speakers? I know Pioneer brags about that starting with their SC-61 for $1,100. And I'm not sure if this is a typo but this says the Marantz has at 6 Ohm - THD10 % - 7 channel(s) (Surround) !
Marantz SR5007 - AV receivers - CNET Reviews

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis