Chocolate Double Blind Testing

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Diccon Bewes, and English gentleman now living in Switzerland, just outside Zurich went to the step of doing a blind testing of different chocolate brands

The facts are as follows......

The test included 6 chocolate brands, 4 Swiss and two British

Swiss brands are:
- Cailler
- Lindt
- Frey
- Prix Guarantee

British brands are:
- Dairy milk
- Green & Black

There were 40 volunteers, mostly from Bern (Switzerland) but also one third of them being non-Swiss

Each brand is tasted blind then scored for flavour and texture and very clear winner is Caillier by an exceedingly clear margin, the cheapest Swiss chocolate "Prix Guarantee" scores second.

Almost everyone, Swiss and non-Swiss had the British chocolate at the clear bottom.

Well I believe Swiss chocolate is among the best, perhaps the best I ever tasted and I don't need blind testing to know this :p
I love Sprüngli chocolate

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I've never had any high quality stuff so I dunno.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Is this where everyone starts questioning the testing methodology?:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I remember discovering Lindt for the first time.

Ughhhhh ...

:D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Everyone touts Ghirardhelli around here. I think it's ok.

I used to LOVE World's Finest bars when I was a kid. I swear they're smaller then they used to be.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ghirardhelli is ok, but If anyone says Godiva is good chocolate - I swear I'll give him a chicklet

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ghirardhelli is ok, but If anyone says Godiva is good chocolate - I swear I'll give him a chicklet
What flavor? :rolleyes:

Honestly I can't say that I've ever had bad chocolate ... like ... it's chocolate.
My worst was wonderful ... I am still talking about chocolate. ;)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Just gimme a snickers and all is well, no fancy shmancy stuff here.
I like peppermint patties too :)

N

Nugu

Audioholic
I like to eat a Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate bar every now and then. Something about the mix of orange/almond/dark chocolate just tastes so good. Plus it's only 2$.

Never been much of a candy-box chocolate eater. Too much caramel and other gross fillers I dislike. (exception being coconut!)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Dave, it's like I don't even know you anymore.:D
Well, I can't really appreciate an Almond Joy like I used to. Butterfingers never turned me on. Mr. Goodbar wasn't really that good. Oh Henry doesn't really deserve the exclamation. Big Turks just don't satisfy anymore. Three Musketeers isn't really my scene. Nutrageous just sticks in my throat. I take Mounds whenever I can get them and a piece of Sweet Marie always hits the spot.

Maybe I'll just have a Mars Bar and shut up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis