Cheapest option for quality 7.1.4 atmos receiver.

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Just want to be on the look out so if I see a sale I can snag,

Is the denon 6400 the go to for a 7.1.4 setup?
Or will the denon 4400 with an amp do it as well?

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
The Denon 4400 can process 7.1.4 with an external amp...
Guess this post is kinda weird,
I’ve bought 2 Yamaha receivers in the past 3 years,
Before each purchase I believed it would do what I wanted, but after purchase of each I found it would not,
So this go around I want to get it right,
Is their a suggested amp to achieve this 7.1.4 on the 4400? I’ve never ran an amp with my receivers do not aware on exactly what I’d need.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Before each purchase I believed it would do what I wanted, but after purchase of each I found it would not,
Is their a suggested amp to achieve this 7.1.4 on the 4400? I’ve never ran an amp with my receivers do not aware on exactly what I’d need.
If 5.1.4 is ok the Yamaha 2070 is there. The Yamaha 3070, on the other hand, can do 5.1.4 by itself or 7.1.4 if you add a 2 ch amp.

Otherwise the Denon 4400 can do 7.1.4 but not sure if you end up buying an external amp also. Maybe ask @Danzilla31

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Read more of the product page? It's pretty clear on the Denon site as to the capabilities. There's always the manual as well. Stores' sales descriptions I wouldn't use.

Me, I'd add a Crown XLS amp or two (and use it on the mains). Just depends how much power and what channels you'd use it for. Some prefer to add a 3 or 5 channel amp to put the heaviest use speakers on the external amp, letting the avr handle the rest....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
B

bubbrik

Audioholic Intern
I use this amp for 2 of the Atmos speakers with 4400 and it works well.

Audio Source AMP100VS 2 Channel Amplifier (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSEFU94/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tgiHCb0SCDM3R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis