Cheapest A/V receiver with Bluetooth and built-in Wi-fi.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Trying to help my son, who is not picky and not at all an audiophile, find a receiver with Bluetooth and internal Wi-fi. He wants Bluetooth, but doesn't even want to pay for built-in Wi-fi, but he does listen to Pandora so I thought I might pitch in so he can get one with Wi-fi and Pandora available. We found an Onkyo at Best Buy for $250, but it only had Bluetooth, no Wi-fi.

He just bought a set of JBL HLS 620 small tower speakers and a Polk sub this afternoon, so pretty much any receiver will have plenty of power for him. He is open to pretty much any brand receiver. He wants to buy a receiver at Best Buy tonight and set it up, so if anybody can recommend a receiver, much appreciated!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As a note - built in WiFi can be nice, but if the receiver has an Ethernet port, you can get a fairly inexpensive ($50 or less) WiFi to Ethernet adapter that would connect up to it. It would be a separate component, but they are pretty small. As an example, here is Netgear unit that I own.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Thanks, all! We ended up with the Denon S700W. I considered the Onkyo 535 for $50 less, but too many reviews with stuff going wrong with them.

My son wanted to get it bought and installed yesterday, so Best Buy was the only option. Set it up today with the cheap JBL towers and Polk sub and it doesn't sound half bad. Main thing is that my son is very pleased with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis