CES 2005 Coverage OFFICIAL THREAD

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All;

Just a reminder that we are updating our CES coverage daily and are now up to about 70 pages with much more to come.

Visit our dedicated CES 2005 Coverage page for the latest and greatest the industy has to offer.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Will there be a real high end version made with OFC bonded with Nitrogen free Unobtainium? I suggest Gold Pressed Latinum connectors- regular gold just doesn't pass enough "air". Hmmm...maybe that's because it's OFC? ;)

$550/per inch is about where you should start your pricing. Keep in mind for best sound, the lengths must be in multiples of the biblical 'rod'. Anyone needing something slightly longer than a rod should simply buy a 2 rod long peice to preserve the organic/free range quality of the sound. Expensive? Well, sure- they'd probably cost more than your home. But you can't take those other, cheapo cables seriously, can you?

Akmost all TV manufacturers are making that claim now, especially with CableCARD which does the standard definition scaling internally without the external cheap-o box supplied by your cable company.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
As for the Unisonic Speakers, is the BE16 the one in Birdseye Maple finish, with the curved sides?

L

lonkelley

Audiophyte
After purchasing your rod lengths, you'll need to coil any extra cable into a 1/pi rod diameter mobius loop.

P

PaulF

Audioholic
I may be second only to Rob B. in wanting to see your review of the new Samsung AV-R3000 digital receiver.

Needless to say, this new receiver is an instant contender in terms of specifications. Its THX Ultra2 certification makes it the first THX Ultra2 licensee with a digital amplifier (the first digital amp that could pass the 150W/channel test.)
That would be an interesting first for Samsung to garner. I have also been following the pending release of the Halcro home theater line due I believe in March. Their new multi-channel power amps will be all be fully digital, and while the amps themselves are not specified as THX compliant, the matching surround processor that drives them is.

Halcro seems to pride themselves on their engineering and design. Even though these products are likely to be priced beyond mere mortals, I hope that they will give you a shot at a review.

D

dkaleita

Audiophyte
Samsung AV-R3000

Has anyone heard anything new about the availability of the Samsung AV-R3000?

In typical Samsung fashion, they missed the predicted delivery dates announced in their press releases. If Samsung is true to form, then we'll hear nothing further about this product until next year, when a model AV-R4000 is mysteriously released.

But also true to form, the product will almost certainly be great when it finally arrives, albeit a year late.

peterlross2001

Audiophyte
FireBall DVDM-300

How does the FireBall DVDM-300 merge Escient’s music management system with its DVD movie management system and I still need to get the FireBall MP-150 Digital Music Players for a whole house distributed audio system? I'm not sure if I understood it... I'm actually considering whether I should go for an all in solution, or have a separate Digital Music System? I'm looking at the Sonos (www.sonos.com) and the Olive's Musica (www.olive.us), and haven't decided yet.

Hrafnkel

Audiophyte
Requests

Hey folks, I'm new here, so I apologize if any of the products I am about to bring up have been discussed before. Assuming that the three following loudspeaker companies have booths at CES, I'd be really interested in Audioholic's preliminary opinions with the Cain & Cain Abby Loudspeaker + Bailey Subwoofer, Anthony Gallo's Reference III Loudspeaker, and Meadowlark Audio's Kestrel Loudspeaker. Just as a general note, I would also welcome any opinions on the ZuCable Druid Mk4 loudspeaker, despite the fact that the company has pretty much been discredited in my eyes thanks to their cable business (and Gene's great responses). And for preamps, I'd be interested in the ModWright SWL 9.0SE. Again, that is assuming that there is even a booth for the company. Thanks for the site and your coverage.

Last edited:
A

Audiomad

Audiophyte
Dear Mr. Deboer,

Happy New Year.

It Would Be Appreciated If We Could Have Your Ces Report On The Following Brands:

Boston, Snell, Piega, Almarro, Projection Design, Accustic Arts, Wlm, T+a, Vmps.

Keep Up The Good Work.

Have A Nice Time At Ces

Best Regards,

Audiomad

J

jacobms1

Enthusiast
Can you do a follow up with Samsung on their "flagship" receiver that they showed at last years CES? Will it ever see the light of day? Any updated specs would be great!!

REWJR

REWJR

Junior Audioholic
CES - HP id5280n DLP elininates color wheel uses LED

HP id5280n DLP elininates color wheel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NEW HP id5280n 52" High Definition DLP HDTV eliminates light bulb and color wheel with LED ( red, green and blue ) lighting .

see PDF file attached below .... also a white DLP paper on the subject can be found at this other forum due to PDF file being to large for this one -

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=51368

Boys of Audioholics would appreciate you finding this display and the Samsung RPTV and grabbing a few pics .
Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:
R

RMK!

Monitor Audio

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in the new MA GRS Gold Series. Can you please check with MA at the show?

Thanks

jacobms1 said:
Can you do a follow up with Samsung on their "flagship" receiver that they showed at last years CES? Will it ever see the light of day? Any updated specs would be great!!
To be honest I'm not sure I care at this point... but I will at least cover it for the giggles if they have the courage to still bring it after all this time.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
What's that I smell...is it...could it be...vaporware?:D

E

ericlhyman

Audioholic Intern
Sony PS3 vs Blue-Ray DVD

I'm interested in knowing what differences there will be between the Sony Play Station 3's audio and video capabilities for blue-ray DVD versus the subsequent blue ray DVD player that is planned and the difference in expected cost.

Also interested in knowing when blue-ray recorder/players will be available and their approximate cost versus blue ray players.

E

ericlhyman

Audioholic Intern
1080p RPTVs

Will the new Sony 55" SXRD RPTVs or retooled models of the existing sizes accept 1080 p inputs?

Will any 1080p DLP RPTVs move from wobulation to real 1080p?

E

ericlhyman

Audioholic Intern
Samsung Movie Server

Any news on the planned availability of the Samsung movie server for downloading new pay per view movies in HD and storing them for subsequent archiving on a blue-ray recorder?

P

pbkirk

Audiophyte
Torian Infusion Portable Internet Radio Player

Did this product ever make it to market? Is there anything similiar to be found at CES 2006?

F

Fatcat2

Audiophyte
Dear Audioholics staff.
I was wondering if Onkyo had a display at CES this year.
If so could someone drop in and ask if they have any new upgrades or add in cards scheduled for release for their TX-NR1000 flagship reciever? I have one of these and I love it but Onkyo has been fairly tight-lipped about any upgrades or additions to the features. In light of the recent firmware upgrades that Denon has announced for their recievers I'm really curious to know if Onkyo has anything up their sleeves or not.
You guys do great work, please keep it up!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis