C

Chip_127

Audiophyte
Hello all. I am looking to set up a sound system for my home and was wondering what everyones opinion is on the Cerwin Vega VE-12F speakers. I plan on 90% of my usage for music only - the other 10% for movies.
Still not sure what type of reciever to purchase to go along with these if this is what I decide to go with.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

jplinville

jplinville

Audioholic Intern
Today's Cerwin Vega isn't what yesterday's Cerwin Vega was. That being said, they do sound pretty decent for the cost. I'm running those same speakers, ordered the matching center, as well as Polk Audio surrounds. It's a VERY large sounding system, without the major costs.

Of course, there's better out there, but for music, CV is hard to pass up.

What's the flavor music you listen to? I ask, because it will help you decide where to go on the whole system. Some music is better with the old style paper cones, and some demand to be played on other designs.

Look below in my signature area and you'll see what I'm using. When I'm listening to music, I'm usually listening to Jimmy Buffet or somehting with a southern/country flavor. When the kids listen to music, it's usually this electronic garbage...but even that sounds decent on the CV speakers.

C

Chip_127

Audiophyte
Thanks for the response. The reason I asked about the CV is because I had a pair with 10" subs that I bought in the early 90's that I was very impressed with.
I listen to a variety of music. Seether, Foo Fighters, Shinedown, Metallica all the way through classic rock.

jplinville

jplinville

Audioholic Intern
CV should do you well, then. If you were more into jazz and older classics, then I'd find a different brand.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis